RC Competitor

Throttle question - reverse not engaging

Hello all,
    New guy here from CA, I have been lurking since I got my 4x4 in December. I just recently went to take it out and when I tried to hit the brakes i had nothing. I tried to re calibrate the throttle trim by holding the esc until it goes red, then pulling the throttle for forwards and reverse but revers does not register when it is 100% pushed out. I can get it to register at about 75% out though. It operates like normal when pushed about 75% up but anything past that and there is nothing. I have been tried to find the problem with no luck so far. Please forgive me if I am digging to deep and missing the obvious. Thanks!

Edit: I also made sure I am in sport mode but no change. Maybe I will delete the transmitter then reconnect it?

You can start by re-binding the esc to radio to the transmitter. Then if that doesn't work try resetting the radio. Give those a try and hopefully that works for you. If not, we are here to help, so we will try to get you back on the road
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

RC Competitor
    Thanks man. I will try those tomorrow and get post my results.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction. You are amongst a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have questions please feel free to ask. Remember that we are here to help Where are you located in California?

RC Competitor
    Thanks man. A factory reset seemed to work. I will confirm later with the Venom 2s I just got I appreciate the warm welcome! I am located near Folsom, CA which is just outside of Sacramento, CA. I will make an introduction post now that I am "official" and no longer lurking. And yes, there seem to be some very knowledgeable people on here and you guys have already helped me a few times with previous posts i searched for.

I am happy I was able to help you get back up and running! I have family that lives in Folsom. They are not too far from the Hobbytown USA there.

RC Competitor
    Nice, That is where I go for my gotta have it now stuff, lol. Im about 10-15 minutes up the freeway from there

RC Competitor
    Ok, so i reset the transmitter and thought it was better, I was wrong. I re-binded the transmitter to the esc and still the same issue. The brakes and reverse engage when the throttle is pushed up at about 75% but not when it is fully pushed up at 100 %.......any suggestions?

Edit: I also tried to set the throttle by holding the esc until it turned red, then pulled the throttle to set forward and after it blinked green, i did the same with revers but it does not register at 100 % so i released to about 75% and it recognized it and blinked twice. To me, this seems maybe like a transmitter issue???? IDK
    Last edited by superslow86; 07-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Well the best advice I cqn give you is to call Traxxas support on Monday morning. The customer service is excellent and they know exactly what it takes to get you back on the road. In the mean time, you can keep trying new things.

RC Competitor
    Thanks man. Its not at the point to where I cant drive it which is nice and I will call them on Monday to see whats up. I will post back in here with my results in case anyone else ever runs into this.