Thread: Wind...

RC Qualifier

Wind...

Who is out there that likes wind.... I live in walla walla wa and it has a 55 to 65 mph gust warning... no rcing today...
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Qualifier
    Wind, yay! Very sarcastic about that. Wind is annoying. If it's not 2 mph than 5 if not 10 if not 20. Not breezy now and most of the time it's windy. :/
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Qualifier
    That sounds bad... Right now it's blowing like 15 and gusts up to like 40...

RC Qualifier
    Wow, that's bad. We have a flap that bangs, and bangs, and bangs and bangsandbangsandbangs when the wind blows. The flap is for the dryer's air to escape.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Qualifier
    Hate wind, means no flying for me
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    Now it's raining... :3 I texted one of my friends and he has to do a paper route!!!! That would be painful....

RC Enthusiast
    As of this afternoon the wind owes me an RC heli.... All my nitro trucks are down awaiting parts so I was running my merv around in the backyard today, and it was so nice and calm out that I decided to get the heli out afterwards. All was good for a while then I got er too high and it got caught up in the wind up there (I have a large, relatively sheltered backyard with several trees to break the wind) and slowly drifted away, until I had no choice but to put it down before it got even further away. It is somewheres in the vast wooded area behind my place, probably high up in a tree, but I couldn't find it before it started getting dark. Gonna go out tomorrow and try again. At the very least I imagine it now has a ruined lipo and whatever damage it got on the way down. :\

Oh the joys of this hobby!