RC Competitor

electric conversion questions

So I think my 3.3 has quit on me and I have decided to convert to electric if it has gone bad. Does anyone have a good source for mounting brackets. What kv motor should I use to just straight bolt onto the tmaxx tranny after I do the 1 speed/ forward only conversions? What motor/ esc combo would be good for this?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    how2rc.com makes all types of electric motor mount for nitro rc. is your t-maxx the extended model 4907? i ask cause only older model have the single speed conversion newer one with gray trans always been 2 speed, i might be wrong, so someone can correct me on that. as for ESC/motor...... start off with 2200kv and esc 150amp and lipos 4s 5000mah 25C+.

if you have the gray tran....you can locked the 2nd gear, that way you can eliminate 1st gear. now you got a single speed tranny.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Competitor
    it is a 4907- which of the mounts is the best? Im thinking the low motor mount, but Im not sure. Where can I get a 150amp esc?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    RCecho.com, lots of selections for your needs and for the mount either one works fine, but i prefer the lower one.

RC Champion
    You may want do just do an e-maxx conversion. That way is is built up electric to start. All you will need is the complete chassis, transmission, twin servo bellcranks and center driveshafts. Well along with all thier misc parts like battery bars, motor mount, radio box, hardware, ect, ect. All those parts can be had new pretty cheap on ebay less the electronics.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD RC View Post
    You may want do just do an e-maxx conversion. That way is is built up electric to start. All you will need is the complete chassis, transmission, twin servo bellcranks and center driveshafts. Well along with all thier misc parts like battery bars, motor mount, radio box, hardware, ect, ect. All those parts can be had new pretty cheap on ebay less the electronics.
    This is the route I would (and did) go. If you're going to do it and run any sort of big brushless power, then you ought to do it right from the start. Just my 2 cents.
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that did'nt stop me for doing my revo 3.3. its got full RR gears.

RC Enthusiast
    i live in south where there is lots of sun and surf along with good lookin women
    i bought a brushless emaxx trani off of ebay and made a mounting plate from 1/8 inch aluminum plate to mount the the trans to . now im just waitin till after the holidays to buy all the aluminum stuff from integy .

Quote Originally Posted by mad fabricater View Post
    i bought a brushless emaxx trani off of ebay and made a mounting plate from 1/8 inch aluminum plate to mount the the trans to . now im just waitin till after the holidays to buy all the aluminum stuff from integy .
    Buyer beware MF, Integy is known for their poorly made buttery soft cast aluminum parts.
    None of their structural aluminum pieces hold up, look at FastLane Machine,UE or Hard Core Racing for aluminum parts.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my motor mount is built by integy and i have to say, its holding up well. i hate the fact that i have to put spacers to fit the 2200kv motor in but, all in all its good.

RC Enthusiast
    Here is how I did mine

RC Competitor
    dont convert too electric just rebuild your engine it will be cheaper than converting