Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i think i'm going to try the traxxas one, they are like $6 something on ebay for 4 pieces.
    Let us know how they go and if they are worth it .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Toe links and pushrods

I am using on 5918X push rods and 5939R toe links on my eSlay-Revo build. I am a fan of the aluminium red anodised look.

I am going to do the same as what I did on my eRevo...I am going to use the thicker rod end that is used on the rear toe link on the front toe links as well. Here is a comparison of the rod ends...rear rod end is on the left.

Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Traxxas Sway bar kit

I am using the Traxxas sway bar kit #5498 front and rear. I can't comment on the Tekno sway bar kit as I have never used one.

In my experience...it is unbelievable the difference this has made to the performance and handling of my eRev that I have decided to use one on this build

This is what the sway bar kit looks like for those who don't know.

I replaced the front stock linkage with these beefier 49mm aluminium turnbuckles #3738.

In comparison there is a significant difference.

When you get the sway bar kit you will receive a jig and from memory I think a drill bit, I can't remember tho. As you can see I drilled a hole in the bottom rocker. The jig is pretty self explanatory to use.

I set my linkage attachment 5mm from the top if the sway bar front and rear...I too am using the silver sway bar all round.

I would certainly recommend the sway bar kit to anyone who is wanting to improve performance and handling of their truck .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Transmission

I've read the debate on these forums about greasing, diff lubing and leaving the transmission clean. I like to grease my moving parts, especially when there is metal on metal contact.

As you can see in the photo below I applied a generous amount of grease to all the moving parts, even the nylon gear. I have been using this method ever since I have gotten into the RC hobby game and have never had an issue from greasing my transmission.

Again I have used Mobil1 red grease.

I then closed up the transmission and is now ready to be installed .

I like to service my transmission every 6 months and inspect every couple months to see that the bearings are still running smoothly.
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Traxxas centre CVD

I've decided to use the Traxxas centre CVD #5650R on this build...I've had great success with it on my eRevo and Summit.

And here installed on my truck. The installation was clean and easy

I never ended up using the o-rings as seen below...for some reason when I fitted the CVD's to the diff every thing was a nice snug fit so I removed them.

Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Single servo installation

Here is the parts list I used for a single servo installation for my eSlay-Revo

STRC STP6037S Alum Single Steering Servo Saver Arm
    Traxxas #5344X Servo Saver Heavy Duty Spring
    Ofna #10776Alum Servo Arm Horn 25-Tooth
    Savox SA-1231SG Servo
    Traxxas cover plate #5326X

Below as seen is the STRC servo arm and Traxxas heavy duty spring.

Here is the Savox servo with Traxxas cover plate.

And here a nice clean and easy installation of the cover plate , servo and servo arm.

I then fitted the servo horn and steering linkage.

I set up the servo horn and steering link as per the manual.

I am using the maximum travel steering stop and using the outer hole on the servo horn.

I will do the fine tuning of my steering when my beast is up and running .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Cover plate for a single servo setup

I used the traxxas cover plate (#5326X) and modded it to fit my chassis in the empty servo spot.

I used my dremel to remove material and smooth off. I also slotted the one screw hole longer. It was a relatively easy job and went smoothly.

It was a nice fit...as if a servo was fitted in the spot.

And here it is fastened into position. The cover plate cost me $3, I was going to make one but then came across this.

Its all coming together now...
    Rock n Rolla !

Here is my build so far...I am using the HOBBYWING XERUN 2000KV Brushless Motor & EZRUN WP SC8 120A ESC combo on this build.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    That looks great man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Here is my build so far...I am using the HOBBYWING XERUN 2000KV Brushless Motor & EZRUN WP SC8 120A ESC combo on this build.

looking good mate