Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation MITCH316 eSlay-Revo Build

I would like to thank Cameron for pointing me in the right direction for this build...I decided to start a new thread for my eSlay-Revo and keep it separate from my eRevo build.

Here is a link to my eRevo build and my Summit build

I have been sitting on this project for a good few months now as I got fairly involved in rebuilding my eRevo up to a point where I am happy with my truck; I finally got there and have had a chance to start this build today.

Here is all the bits to build a roller...; I am going with the Slayer Pro A-Arms on this build.

I am going with a black chassis as well on this build...I dyed my rockers and chassis in black Rit dye back in mid August along with my eRevo parts.

Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Rit Dye

I am going to re-post this again for those who haven't seen it.

Here is a comparison of different Rit dye chassis that I have done. In the pic below is black on the left and scarlet red on the right. I've used the scarlet red chassis in my Summit build.

My method of Rit Dyeing
    To rid dye I would add the whole packet of dye, (I use the powder rit dye), in as much water as I need and mix the powder until all dissolved in the water. I would add my parts along with 500ml of vinegar and leave to over the stove top with low heat. I would keep it at a low heat for a minimum of 2hrs.

I never let the water boil once...when I saw a few bubbles appear I would lower the heat or turn off.

This is my dye bath I use...I got it down at the local hardware store for $12. They call it a galvanised bucket here in Australia.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    hey question i have problem with seeing certain colors is the one in the middle gray or is that white and if its white how did you make that happen

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    hey question i have problem with seeing certain colors is the one in the middle gray or is that white and if its white how did you make that happen
    I must apologies for my poor quality photos...I use my camera phone for all my photos and when the light quality is poor it doesn't take such great photos. I should have mentioned in the post above that the centre chassis is the stock grey.

The black and Scarlett red were just for comparison of the colours I had used and what they would look like dyed over the grey.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Its not your fault man i appreciate the info

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yey!!!! let the fun build begins......
    humay has left the building, peace.

Exclamation Aluminium diff case and diff cup

I am using the ST Racing diff case #ST5380B and the Hot Racing diff cup #RVO11C01 on my eSlay-Revo build.

They were fairly pricey to purchase; but these were bought at the time where I just seemed to strip my diff gears on a regular bases with my eRevo...at the time I rebuilt my eRevo I was in search of a bullet proof diff build but ended up doing the Losi mod instead.

I knew they wouldn't go to waste as I had the intention of building me eSlay-Revo for some time .

Here is the St racing diff case.

Here is the Hot Racing diff cup.

My first impression of the ST Racing diff case is that it is well machined and is a very nice snug fit in the bulkhead...after my experience with the Losi diff aluminium diff case I am confident that this will improve the life of my diff on this build .

The Hot Racing diff cup is very solid and a nice fit inside the diff case...I am looking forward to putting the diff cup and case through some good harsh testing.

I will post some videos and give some feedback of the tests I put these diffs through, and if this was a worthy upgrade .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Hot Racing diff cup I-Bar mod

The I-Bar is not a direct fit in the diff cup and required a slight mod to fit. I rounded off the corners on a belt sander as seen below. That is a comparison of a stock I-Bar to the one that has been modded.

As you can see it has been rounded quite significantly...you could probably achieve the same result with a grinder or dremel. It didn't take me long to do both; roughly 5 minutes or so .

The I-Bar fits in the diff cup nice and snug...with the spider gears in place it seems to be very solid and strong .

Last edited by craig.mitch316; 11-11-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Coming along nicely mate. Can't wait to test it against the slash
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    *eating popcorn anxiously awaiting the next post*...

RC Qualifier
    Beware with those Hot racing Cups!! I put two in my e-revo, properly shimmed, running x2 2s lipos and with in the first 5 min of my first run with them i blew a hole right threw one of them. the spider gears on the inside grenaded and a chunk of gear went right threw the side of the cup.

Upon inspection of the cup it looked like the spiders were grinding and wearing a way at the inside of the cup, you could see where the black anodizing had be rubbed off. in my opion they are horrible cups, but i hope you have better luck with them

I ended up going witht eh FLM Cups, and they are awesome.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer