RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Breaking Front Bulkheads

My front bulkheads keep breaking when I crash. I'm not crashing hard but they keep breaking. I was considering aluminum ones made by Integy but they're really expensive. Are there any less expensive, stronger bulkheads that are less expensive?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A t bone system and upper brace will help http://www.thetoyz.com/search2.lasso...F16+revo+brace
    Other than that gpm aluminum bulkheads work pretty good
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-09-2012 at 10:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    My front bulkheads keep breaking when I crash. I'm not crashing hard but they keep breaking. I was considering aluminum ones made by Integy but they're really expensive. Are there any less expensive, stronger bulkheads that are less expensive?
    I run a t-bone skid set and an integy rollcage on my slash. If you can break a bulkhead with that setup you deserve a special title and avatar.

RC Racer
    I would never every buy Integy. These pics are 5 years old of an emaxx bulk head. Maybe they don't make worthless junk anymore but I would never buy there crap to this day.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    HR bulkheads, they cost $60, but there are none that are better

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the t bone will handle some good front end collisions .it spreads the impact through out the car . once you start adding aluminum the weight adds up fast! i just built a big block merv and it weighs almost 1/2 pound lighter than my small block merv with aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by custmemaxx1 View Post
    I would never every buy Integy. These pics are 5 years old of an emaxx bulk head. Maybe they don't make worthless junk anymore but I would never buy there crap to this day.
    eMaxx bulk heads and mini bulkheads do not take anywhere near the same forces... not only are the designs different, but the mass between the RC's is different. You are comparing apples and oranges, granted that not every Integy part has "passable" quality or strength and the general rule of thumb is to stay away.

There are quite a few Integy bulkheads out there that have not had any issues for this platform.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Alright I'll probably get the t bones. Will an aluminum front skidplate help with the problem too?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get hr bulks, no more issues

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With the t bone stick with stock skid plates