RC Qualifier

Rally in the sand

I running 1 pack (30 min) at the sand track of my friend. The bearing in the slipper was locked after that (full of sand). The slipper was not well sealed, because it let enter the dirt

Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Now that's what I call having a blast at the track! How much did it weigh after that, 10#? This is one of those times when an Outerwears Shroud would come in handy. I'm wondering if the one for the Slash 4x4 would fit it good enough.

Wish ya luck on cleaning that puppy. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    omg. never seen a muddy rc like that. bout time somebody gets there rc dirty instead of a shelf queen. lol
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

Drive it like you stole it!!! AWESOME!!!

I wouldn't imagine all the bearings would have held up in mud like that. I have to say, I'm jealously awaiting mine to get here!
    "RED"

I can't believe you brought it in your house, that thing is FITHLY! It sure looks like you had fun though...
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeAtonXMaxx

OMG! I can't watch, I can't watch!
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    omg. never seen a muddy rc like that. bout time somebody gets there rc dirty instead of a shelf queen. lol
    oh, that's nothing, I caked my summit with mud, let it dry and it was 25 pounds after. Wheels full of mud. Couldn't see any of chassis or motor. Only could see faint red off the body. Nice job Sam! I would have never do that to my rally
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Champion
    Hahaha. Nice man, must of been a blast. Have fun cleaning it My wife would kill me if I had that sitting on the table. That's why I do these kind of things when she's at work lol.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    I was hoping the rally would be great in sand, basically sand wise its not much better than the slash?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Hahaha. Nice man, must of been a blast. Have fun cleaning it My wife would kill me if I had that sitting on the table. That's why I do these kind of things when she's at work lol.
    i was just gonna say that
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Now that's what I call having a blast at the track! How much did it weigh after that, 10#? This is one of those times when an Outerwears Shroud would come in handy. I'm wondering if the one for the Slash 4x4 would fit it good enough.

Wish ya luck on cleaning that puppy. LOL
    The weight as double 12lbs +, I wash directly with the hose and wd40 on bearing after that

RC Qualifier
    Looks like a blast! If you want a chassis shroud and don't wanna spend the money on a outerwares...use a nylon. Cut one leg off. Slide it over the chassis and secure it down. Keeps your goods clean and let's them breath nicely!
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    the pic with the cat is priceless

RC Qualifier
    HAHA yeah 4dash. that's what a truck should look like!

RC Champion
    I'd be inclined to 'bake' it to dry it quickly! All sand I hope but that stuff is downright nasty. You will find it now binding in your axle slip joints. You Castle ESC is not water proof and is likely caked on the fan with sand so you will want to clean that out because the fan only kicks on thermally as needed but it might be caked tight now!

Oh my, reminds me of the day I went dirt biking in the rain on a pure black cinder track for hours, I came home with that stuff covering my bike and filling my shorts, undershorts! Of course I was grinning from ear to ear when I walked up to the door my Mom said, just keep walking............right into the shower clothes and all LOL

Way to break it in but I hope you can restore it without too much grief. Got an air compressor??? Gooooood luck!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    I'd be inclined to 'bake' it to dry it quickly! All sand I hope but that stuff is downright nasty. You will find it now binding in your axle slip joints. You Castle ESC is not water proof and is likely caked on the fan with sand so you will want to clean that out because the fan only kicks on thermally as needed but it might be caked tight now!

Oh my, reminds me of the day I went dirt biking in the rain on a pure black cinder track for hours, I came home with that stuff covering my bike and filling my shorts, undershorts! Of course I was grinning from ear to ear when I walked up to the door my Mom said, just keep walking............right into the shower clothes and all LOL

Way to break it in but I hope you can restore it without too much grief. Got an air compressor??? Gooooood luck!
    I wash the truck with the hose garden and put wd40 on bearing after that but I will restore and change the wrong bearing before intalling my new motor and esc.

And yes the ESC was waterproof, I have cleaned too with the hose including the motor

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    You Castle ESC is not water proof and is likely caked on the fan with sand so you will want to clean that out because the fan only kicks on thermally as needed but it might be caked tight now!
    I believe he is running a Vapor Pro ESC, which is the waterproof version of the Sv2. I would disconnect the fan wire when running in water or muck like that.

@ samintrepid. I would at least try to cover the electrics or tray as best I could. It will help keep all the goodies inside protected.

Sure looks like you had a blast, that's for sure.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Next time I will put protection cover or never return to this track

Sam that's heresy what you did to that Rally! lol

I guess you're the first to do that to the Rally.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    Next time I will put protection cover or never return to this track
    Dude if you are a happy camper so are we. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore