Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

28 93.33%
  • dislike

2 6.67%
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki e revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ring gear is fine but look at those spider gears!

Wow, thats some carnage. I've seen them loose a tooth or two, but not that many!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I heard it click at the bottom of the hill and I know that sound. So I nailed it up the hill! Coming down it was front wheel drive

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow those spider gears really took the punch!!!! knock them tooth bad. hmmm how did that happen...
    humay has left the building, peace.

man that is bad worst i have seen in some time almostl ike they just got too hungry in there LOL haha i would look at the diff case to make sure there is not damage in there since they got chewed up that bad.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    I hear the LST2 Differentials upgrade calling. LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    we were pretty rough on it and i think the slipper could be a little looser . this is my daughter driving the maxx click on the photo

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    we were pretty rough on it and i think the slipper could be a little looser . this is my daughter driving the maxx click on the photo
    she really runs that emaxx even though it flips it manages to land on the wheels why cant it do that to all of us....lol. nice spot to bash at and now i see how the diffs got messed up though with those large landings heavy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Plus I remember I used the spider gears out of the aluminum cases I bought off ebay. Maybe they were damaged but didn't have any play

She runs pretty hard. But we don't go up there to putt around!

ooh yeah i know that my wife runs my rc's hard like that she thinks it wont break and if it does she thinks i will buy the parts but its been months since she broke the merv and for her to break the emaxx now would be yrs maybe to fix lol but i guess there is the credit card to buy it.
    i guess you take a chance when using different or even stock spider gears and diffs just part of the hobby. when i find a week off i'll take mine off and see whats in there.
    what shim part# did you use for the emaxx diffs?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    this is why i like this hobby, you get the fun out of it and then there is also the breakage, its all part of the fun. i know you'll get it fixed in no time

RC Champion
    So those are the stock trx spiders? hmmm have any idea what could have caused that?
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    Found this quite expensive and not sure if it will work. Pinion for the 8090 http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/pr...ducts_id=14776
    i bought the 8090 and so far it's working perfectly for me...

at least now we know what the difference is between the 8090 and the 8690...

RC Qualifier
    Plus I remember I used the spider gears out of the aluminum cases I bought off ebay. Maybe they were damaged but didn't have any play

She runs pretty hard. But we don't go up there to putt around!
    don't know what happened to ur diffs...i have the same setup and so far mine is holding up ok...*crosses fingers*...hopefully i'm not speaking too soon...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i will try it with new spider gears after i put the ceramic bearings in and i will double check the clearances . hopefully it lasts a while!

boca yellow seal ceramics came in today i almost forgot i had 15% off so i bought orange seal ceramics bearings for my two motors!
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-10-2012 at 11:43 AM.

That's some bad luck you had with your diffs...let us know how those bearings work out?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    How did you get a 15% off coupon on the bearings? I want the orange seals bearings and 15% off would be a big help to me.

i will try it with new spider gears after i put the ceramic bearings in and i will double check the clearances . hopefully it lasts a while!

boca yellow seal ceramics came in today i almost forgot i had 15% off so i bought orange seal ceramics bearings for my two motors!
    now we know what your looking at when typing LOL! what did you pay for those bearings if you dont mind me asking? the yellows. compareing them against the avid bearings dont like the acer bearings.

broke the lipo batteries in today ran pretty good! then my daughter ran into my leg .yes still hurts

then we ran into each other with my merv. erbe won -broken servo saver on the merv
    i didn't start breaking servo savers until i got a bb 390 in my mini slash. now i worry weather the servo saver lived or not when i crash!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep little bit stronger than stock!

They were quite expensive! The yellow seals(164.00) with two sets of orange motor bearings with the 15% off was almost 200.
    Now that I am looking at the losi mod I could of used that money!

RC Racer
    OH the Losi mod said the wise blind man.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No kidding!

While I have it apart I am switching over to the black chassis and rewire for the castle bec and ceramic bearings

The dang diffs kind of took the wind out of me. Didn't really want to work on it!

RC Qualifier
    Hey bud. Get some titanium spider gears lol jk. Are you liking that new servo?
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    oh ya with 403 oz it steers very good and now with the castle bec at 7.4v i will be looking at 486 and .13sec!

RC Qualifier
    oh ya with 403 oz it steers very good and now with the castle bec at 7.4v i will be looking at 486 and .13sec!
    So is it a clearly noticable difference. I Have the 40 series trenchers as well and haven't had any steering problems with the stock servos.
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Qualifier
    So is it a clearly noticable difference?
    I Have the 40 series trenchers as well and haven't had any steering problems with the stock servos.
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very responsive steering. One thing I did notice when I wasn't use to the new servo -coming up my small street with cars parked on both side at around 40 I had to turn down the steering expo because I would over steer!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Starting to shape up! Castle bec wired up so esc voltage is powering the receiver and the bec set to 7.4v is powering the servo and tied up the wiring a bit

Single servo is the way to go...are you running the hitec like mine mate??

I have since removed my CC BEC...I think I damaged it bashing...It started glitching a lot, not fun when you cruising 70km/h and your truck decides to go right.

I have bumped up my MMM BEC to 6V with the field programmer link...so far no issues and is performing as good as what it did with the CC BEC on...I will see how it goes, I probably wont replace the CC BEC at the moment.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yep
    i had mine at 6v worked great if i run into the same problem i will know whats up thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you know you spent too much money when you have 46.00 in ebay bucks!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just ordered some badlands might lighten the load from the trenchers. Now run on zero offset or 1/2" offset. I have a set of zero offset laying around

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i'd pick the 1/2 offset, i like mine to stand wider. did you order the LS2 diffs?

RC Racer
    I Agree I like the 1/2 inch offset, add's more stability to the ERBE and in my opinon looks a lot nicer, when i put the standard wheels and tires back on looks narrow.

RC poster
    im pretty new to the rc stuff but i really like
    can anybody tell me if taking my hobbypeople sandstorm to glamis sand dunes is a good idea
    and if it is should i put sand paddles on all 4 corners or just the back or not at all
    thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On a 4 wheel drive you need the same size all around ! That will be fun!

Yep.I figured was just trying to save some money!

I had to check out the losi diffs! I am going to try the Rrp gears one more time and build the losi on the side

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I need a bigger receiver box! Castle bec and castle link quickconnect. looks a little better!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I put new spider gears and shimmed it and installed the boca ceramics too bad when I do the losi diffs they wont fit!
    Put some traxxas aluminum toe links and pushrods and dyed my spare chassis black!oh and switched the green shock socks for blue
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-14-2012 at 09:47 PM.

RC Racer
    50togo You should give me all your unwanted green revo stuff. You have moved away from the Kawasaki revo and I am building the Kawasaki Revo. SO let me have that green stuff man.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ha! It all started when I.priced the body at 100 on ebay. Didn't want to scuff it up!