RC Competitor

I love doing r&d

I'm really not sure if anybody cares or has done this or even really thinks about doing or what it will do if they did do it. I'm talking about using the center fluid filled differential on my Traxxas 4 x 4/with the castle creation 2400 KVmotor and mama Max Pro short course ESC. Now Traxxas recommends not to run this with anything higher than a cell lipo and on dirt not hard pavement so what I'm going to do is run it on 3 and 4 cell on pavement I really want to get a feel for how well that 100 K did fluid works and how hot it will get Should have pictures video and conclusion posted hopefully on Monday thank you and hope no1 has done this already.

Sc love!!!

RC Competitor
    I will also be testing the difference between Arbern normal 12 mm short course tires and 17 mm AKA's gridiron's with a.k.a. 17 mm Hub adapters.

Sc love!!!

RC Enthusiast
    keep us posted
    drive it like you own it,full throttle

RC Champion
    Well the center diff even filled with 100,00wt. fluid may still grenade. If anything the diff cup will melt and deform from the heat. You can run it with 2s safely on all surface's, but 3 and 4s will kill it quick. But, who know's you may be the luck one who can run 3 and 4s with it.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    4sdash was running a traxxas center diff in his slash with a mamba monster and a 2200kv on 6s
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    Ive been running center diff on 3s for quite some time filled with 30K. The only issue I ever had was the plastic housing breaking down at the motor mount bearing. Bought an FLM aluminum housing and havent had an issue since. Ive run it on 4s and for my tastes thats just too much. Currently have it set up with a Tekin RX8/T8 2650 combo running mostly 3s and no issues at all. Its run fine like this on MMP and MMM with 1415, 1512 and 1515 motors 3s and 4s.

Ive R&D'd it to 4s anyhow

RC Competitor
    MMM 2200 3s and 4s - factory filled platinum diff - racing, bashing, dirt , street, drag racing

its still alive !!

RC Qualifier
    i was using it for speed runs to help with keeping the front end down with out using weight ,i put 500,000 diff silicone for the traxxas funny car in it because i only need alittle give . but it was still enough to blow the front tires of the rims lol that was fun cinnabun was there for that

RC Champion
    Maybe Ill skip the trip to DE to bash with you guys, you break too much stuff and I dont want it rubbing off on my truck!
    Sounds like you still had too much power going to the front.

RC Qualifier
    your not having fun unless you breaking something cinnabun broke enough for both of us this weekend

RC Qualifier
    LOL guys!!!! Makes me wish I was on the opposite coast!!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    thanks bill freaky foggy and updates to what you found