Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Pave, That's what i'd do. Let the seamstress cut it and mend it all up. The fabric sealer might work well, never used it. LOL I'd just feel way more confortable about having it stitched up at the cut like that. I'd probably take the car to her to make the necessary measurements and mark it up . JMHO.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Im having all the same thoughts you guys are. Pondering what the best way to deal with this is. I dont own a hot knife... unless by "hot knife" you literally mean a heated butter knife. I can do that (hehe).

I may take it to my wifes mom and see if she can stitch it for me. Shes a seamstress so she should be able to do the job for me. We'll see. weather is crap here so I havent been able to get out and test the 3800 on 2S. Maybe tomorrow if its not raining.
    Any place that cuts nylon rope is likely to have a 'hot knife' hardware store, marina etc
    I think they offer a 'cutter' for some of the soldering guns too

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The only issues I have ever had not running the nerf bars, was while racing, and another truck would get tied up with mine as it got hung up and intertwined in the suspension and took the turn marshals 30 sec to get the trucks apart. Bashing never had an issue.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Pave, you should know that the problem is not the motor. These 4wd just need 3s or better for the kind of speed you want, I don't think any motor running the same speed on 2s will be any better. BTW I've had the HV4.5 for years. I've ran it in everything from my 2wd Pede to my E-revo. Great motor, but I could not find a sweet spot in the smaller 4wd stuff. It really like 3-4s and that puts it out of it's gearing for them, with the tires I run anyways.

Nice looking ride BTW.

Sand, Ehhhhhhh......
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Just got back from my first run with a whole pile of new stuff.

First of all, the 3800 is great in this car. I had it geared with a 14t pinion and it was too low. Motor was cool to the touch and car was pretty slow. Im going to go up in 2 tooth increments until I find the right balance of speed and temps. The motor runs smooth (not anywhere near as smooth as the novak though) and I got triple the run time of the novak, and still hadnt hit the LVC, I just got too cold and had to give up. So im VERY happy about that.

I also used the HPI Maxxis Trepador tires and am please to report they handle very much like the stock tires. Had to trim a BIT off the wheel wells but had no rubbing during my run which included grass, gravel, smaller jumps and lots of carwheels. I would say these tires dont grip as WELL as the stockers on pavement. But, it is -4c here with icy patches and snow on the pavement and the last time I ran the stock tires it was +10C. So im sure the tires are extra hard and the pavement is extra slippery... these are a good choice though. Id highly reccomend them. They seem to work great in the snow too.

Im underwhelmed with the chassis cover. Yes, it did its job O.K. Kept most of the snow out and the internals were only dusty. But, it did let snow in around the areas where the velcro goes over the nerf bars and due to the differences I guess between the regular 4X4 chassis the cover was designed for and the LCG chassis I have the fit at the front and back is loose so a few rocks did get under it. I really dont like how you have to pull the velcro off to change batteries. I guess its a fine solution for now, but I hope Jconcepts comes out with a chassis cover. I think that would work better and, If I use some material from the cover I have now, I could cut out sections of a lexan cover and place this material in the openings to gain cooling and still get a tight fit. Thats my plan anyway.

Im very happy with the MMP ESC and having the BEC set at 6.5 volts. Noticeable improvement in speed and response with my Savox servo. Im going to try bumping it up to a full 7 volts to see what happens.

Ill get the pics off my phone here at some point and post them up.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Im underwhelmed with the chassis cover. Yes, it did its job O.K. Kept most of the snow out and the internals were only dusty. But, it did let snow in around the areas where the velcro goes over the nerf bars and due to the differences I guess between the regular 4X4 chassis the cover was designed for and the LCG chassis I have the fit at the front and back is loose so a few rocks did get under it. I really dont like how you have to pull the velcro off to change batteries. I guess its a fine solution for now, but I hope Jconcepts comes out with a chassis cover. I think that would work better and, If I use some material from the cover I have now, I could cut out sections of a lexan cover and place this material in the openings to gain cooling and still get a tight fit. Thats my plan anyway.
    Would stuffing a piece of an old rag or clothing in the front of the shrould help out any? Then maybe zip tying that for a tight fit. Same with the nerf bar area. At least something as a fix during the winter months and until a shroud specified for this car is available or like you said one from JConcepts. I really like your idea of using pieces from the shroud for air movement. Another idea as stated early, would taking the nerf bars off until spring and mounting the velcro along the chassis would that help out any?

Im very happy with the MMP ESC and having the BEC set at 6.5 volts. Noticeable improvement in speed and response with my Savox servo. Im going to try bumping it up to a full 7 volts to see what happens.
    I thought the Savox was only rated at 6.0v. I believe your Rx can sustain a voltage up to 7.4v correct?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Cali found my Rally today. My wife brought our daughter out while I was running. I let her "steer" (not really) and she liked it. But was scared of the car if it was moving. She loved it once it was turned off in the house.

RC Racer
    She looks like she wants to test out the durability for you!!!!
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

BTW... carrying a kid while your driving adds a whole new dimension to the experience. Talk about getting your exercise with your RC. Hehe.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Dont worry, it wont be long before you dont have to flip your cars back over. Kids just love helping dad!
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...