RC poster

XO-1 Tires on 1/10 Rally

looking to build a speed setup just wondering if anyone is using the xo-1 slicks on the rally?

any opinions or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by AeR0 View Post
    looking to build a speed setup just wondering if anyone is using the xo-1 slicks on the rally?

any opinions or advice?
    Be sure when you purchase your 17mm adapters their traxxas or similar designee, the XO-1 rims require them.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    I've seen people on youtube running them and yes do what he said ^^ or you'll end up dremelling the splined out of the wheels.
    traxxas 4 life

RC Racer
    The easiest and cleanest way to remove the tabs on a Traxxas 17mm wheel is with a chisel. Place the beveled edge towards the hub with the flat edge of the chisel against the flat spot on the wheel hex surface. Start the chisel at a slight angel then take it straight down till the tab is cut free. No mess, no fuss. If you don't have a chisel, they are CHEAP at Harbor Freight.

RC poster
    i bought the adapters... just was looking for more of a opinion on to use the xo-1 tires or something else?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AeR0 View Post
    i bought the adapters... just was looking for more of a opinion on to use the xo-1 tires or something else?
    GRP wheels are great. Sweeps are good too. Both can be found on flea Bay. Sweeps cost more and aren't with it for bashing and speed runs, not sure about racing tho..
    2650Kv backslash•2200Kv SL4SH•4300HD Rally•8S XO1