Well i got a used kb and when it arrived it was trashed. So since i planned to make lemonade from lemons i figure ill make a complete build ground up including any and all upgrades as i go. First and foremost i stripped this thing completely and dyed the chassis black. RIT dye one package and stripped chassis heres where ill introduce you to my slash and my new KB Custom
Last edited by wranglercory; 11-04-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Good luck, sounds like a fun project! I like my KB, it can be a lot of fun when I want to play around on pavement.
Slash 4x4 stock
Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
After dying the chassis and rockers I continued with the assembly. Here is the chassis with the rear installed. I had to replace all the toe links and pushrods. Also it appeared that the RPM axle carriers were either to loose or to tight. the previous owner installed a center diff. that i removed as i plan for this to be strictly a drifter.
Jumping ahead at this point ive removed the diffs and filled them with 100Kthe fluid. I also removed the center diff and reinstalled the orig.center diff. Running 80wt shock oil. Also you can see the spectrum receiver installed.
Last edited by wranglercory; 11-12-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Cool! Any updates??
And there he goes with the carbon...
So ive left out some boring shots. So here are the shots. As i said before the diffs are done and trans. And most electronics are reinstalled.since i had to blow so much on rebuilding this into a drifter that i have scaled back some of the things i had planned for now. You can see by the condition of the rims this car was thrashed, and another reason not to spend another $30 on the rims and tires i wanted.
Last edited by wranglercory; 11-27-2012 at 10:01 PM.
So i wanted to try another steering servo so i decided to go with the Hi-Tec HS85MG. The only catch was i had heard that you have to trim the chassis so the wires will fit through, heres the secret carefully remove the four screws that hold the case together pull the gear side of the case off being carefull not to displace any of the gears. Maybe take a pic of the gear orientation just in case. Then slip the main portion of the servo through the chassis and screw back together. You will also need a servo horn set that is for hi tec.
Last edited by wranglercory; 12-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Ive got the body trimmed out(roughly) and have it mounted. Ive got a paint job picked out and the next post should be with the first color layed down. Yes i put the brushed motor and esc in it because being new to drifting i feel like it will be better untill i get better. The brushless was dare i say to much motor for me right now. and the orange rims are temporary
So here is the body now. Its just three colors and i smoked the windows instead of painting them.
So here it is. Its runnable and from here on out well have to see what happens. Its hard to remember that when i got this car it was trashed so to have it at this point is great if your wanting to see the enjoyment that comes with building or rebuilding these vehicles go for it.
Last edited by wranglercory; 02-18-2013 at 10:27 PM.