RC Qualifier

lipo expands then goes back to normal

My lipo was really puffy the other day, i used it put back in storage a couple days ago, decided id play with my rcs and noticed my battery was back to normal. What does it mean and is it still safe?

Another question off topic anybody know why my android phone won't play hd videos on YouTube? It has a 1.2ghz quad core processor with 1gb of ram. It should be more than sufficient to play videos in hd. Videos in low quality look bad on a 4.7 screen. I am on wifi also and everybody else's phone plays hd except mine. Even when i click the option it only gives me "HQ" and not "HD". I have tried uninstalling reinstall, i used the browser and same thing. Bugs me a lot since my phone takes 1080p video lol

It depends on when the lipo is swelling. If it's swollen after a run but firms back up after it cools down, then the pack is on it's way out so keep a very close eye on it. You should notice the run times being reduced as well. If it swells when you are charging it that's bad news, it needs to be disposed of immediately. Best way to safely dispose of a lipo is to mix up a salt water mixture in a bucket and soak the lipo until the voltage reads 0v then it's safe to get rid of or recycle if you can find a place that will take them.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You may want to discharge down to 2.5v/cell before the bath also... at least that is what I was told a long time ago.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    You may want to discharge down to 2.5v/cell before the bath also... at least that is what I was told a long time ago.
    I guess its time for my lipo to go bye bye, strange I have only had it since December and I have never had this happen with any other lipo.

The salt bath will work with either a fully charged battery or one that's been taken down to 3.0v or less. It just takes longer depending on how high the voltage is in the cells.

If it's a Traxxas LiPo you can send it in after the salt bath for 50% off the retail value of the pack.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    The salt bath will work with either a fully charged battery or one that's been taken down to 3.0v or less. It just takes longer depending on how high the voltage is in the cells.

If it's a Traxxas LiPo you can send it in after the salt bath for 50% off the retail value of the pack.
    Wow! didnt know. How do you send in a dead lipo???

RC Qualifier
    No its a SPC lipo..

which almost everybody here told me to buy lol

Sometimes batteries just give up. An older battery of mine is slightly swollen but it still works.
    I still buy from spc because they have good products and good prices .
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it