RC Qualifier

mini e-revo center steel driveshafts

so i got the entire set for steel driveshafts and put them in but after about 2-3 runs one of my pins in the center driveshaft slipped and i lost it...
    i dont know what do you think but for me that pin is a big flaw of design i mean if you run it on the street its probably fine but come on some bashing and it falls?
    anyway is there a way to make a custome one or get a new one coz a new 35$ kit is out of the question.
    thanks for helpers

RC Qualifier
    Just buy a 1.5mm steel rod from your LHS, cut it to length and file the end. It usually comes in 1m length, so you have life suplly of pins.

RC Qualifier
    ya but i need to open the driveshaft shield every time, my screws will be destroyed.
    is there no permanent solution for that like locktite it or something?

RC Qualifier
    Try to find a extension spring with a bit smaller diameter than driveshaft, cut 1-2 coils and use it instead of rubber o-ring

RC Qualifier
    I found from someone on this forum to use heat shrink. Put the heatshrink on the drive shaft prior to install. Pin, O ring then slide heatshrink over and heat. Mine have never come out. Simple and effective.

RC Qualifier
    I never manage to do this with shrink wrap over the o-ring, final diameter was too big. With just the shrinkwrap it doesnt hold (pin punched a hole through shrinkwrap).
    I`m still looking for the right diameter spring tho....

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys but i found a good solution for it.
    just put some super glue on the rubber band just a little aand make sure your driveshaft dosent get stuck, if it dries without stucking problems you have a safe rubber band seal that would never come off.
    quick and easy

RC Qualifier
    Super glue is brittle and will break off. Probably instantly. Just do heat shrink and done.