my long awaited integy bulkheads finnaly arrived in the mail today!
my integy bulkheads!
i modded them so that they were to fit the lst diffs didn't take much material off at all.
in order to do that i needed to modify the bulkheads pretty significantly
i superglued the front bit of the diff case closed and if i ever need to open the diffs i'll heat it up and the superglue should melt right off.
result is a perfect fit!
i'll put it back together and bash the snot out of it and i'll tell you how it holds up.
first of all congratulations for keeping the modding spirit high!!
but...i ve been there... i am sorry for the rest of my post:
1. your diffs' case will crack very soon with so much filing
2. prepare for bended bulks even if you dont crash. removing the arm pins then is nearly impossible.
3. ++ to weight
I was really frustrated with these bulkheads in the end. They just dont deliver what they are promised to do: be strong. and actually i didnt find ANY advantage over the stock ones, and i bought the sets TWICE!
these were really light and are they really THAT weak?
they are light but they are really heavier than the stock
the front one has a weakpoint around a centimeter to the right (edit: of your thumb) at your second picture, the right part is solid on the chassis while the left one kind of flexes. with time and jumps, it bends, and the pin is stuck in the end hole. not to mention if you crash something its bending a lot. because its heavier too
anyway you may like yours i dont want to discourage your effort! other than the front one bending, they are really indestructible.
Last edited by fuzion; 11-02-2012 at 08:52 AM.
don't worry you're not discouraging me,i just wanted to find out if these were really worth the 95 dollar price tag, thanks for the information! is it just the front ones? or are the rears fine?
yeah i never ha any problem with the rear, a small difficulty removing the pins again but nothing like the front
i still have them both dremeled for losi diffs in my spare parts
how did you dremel them? did you do more dremeling to the diff or bulkhead?
Good luck mate...interesting mod. I will be watching. I have only broken a front bulk so far. I removed even less material the new one.
Rock n Rolla !
that diff case went quickly eh!
its not easy. you have to dremel things a lot and they get weak. i found out that the stock bulks need less dremeling than the integy for the diffs to fit! i have problems as well with the diff cases (i went through 3 front ones) and now on the front i have a reinforcing ring around the diff to hold it together... its a messy mod.
unfortunately i believe that the bulkheads need the most dremeling possible so that the diffs hold. the good thing is that the point you remove material from them isnt exactly their weakest point so its not that bad!
i ll try to find pics from my mod later
whoa...interesting...post up everything...i want to see...read....and hear everyone's story on this...i was gonna go this route too...but now...all i can say is....whoa...
It's integy at the end of the day. Nothing they make is up to the job. It's just shelf queen tat. Stat away from them.
Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.
'The integy bulks are fine. Just a durable hard alum case. Cant go wrong with that.