Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RC Champion

Stephan81's Rally Build!!

Well, went to the post office and had a couple packages to pick up. One was the Rally. Here's the pics I just took, man this thing looks sweet

LOL I checked before opening and made sure it was the Orange/Black (fastest model of course). See the White dot, YES! Confirmed!!

I will be using this thread and updating as I install and change stuff. I plan on running it stock for a bit and I'll go from there. I promised myself to just run this and have fun with it and upgrade as I go, unlike the usual where the thing has 1grand in parts put into it before it even touches the floor LOL. I have a Savox 1258tg I'll throw in there fairly quickly, MMP and 3800/2400kv down the road. Have a few surprises on order already, (ill post pics and updates when they come in).

Got a pair of badlands here with some 17mm adapters. I'll get some pics up tonight in a bit, trick or treating time here soon with the boy.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Champion
    Not sure what color has do with speed but...............isn't the 'Blue' pictured 1st on the box? Just saying.......LOL

Looks like your idea of holding off on upgrades has already been foiled! Tires, 17mm adaptors and servo and stuff on order..............sure you're gonna wait LOL

RC Qualifier
    Orange is definitely the fastest and best! Love it, looks like mine
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ^^ haha... BAM!!! Right in the kisser.seriously though.... The orange looks sick.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwoo View Post
    if you're a girl
    Nah bro, you thinking blue and green. Orange is where its at

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Not sure what color has do with speed but...............isn't the 'Blue' pictured 1st on the box? Just saying.......LOL

Looks like your idea of holding off on upgrades has already been foiled! Tires, 17mm adaptors and servo and stuff on order..............sure you're gonna wait LOL
    LOL. Ya, it's hard to not want to throw this stuff on with it all laying around.

Figured I would bolt these up see what they look like. I think I would need to trim the rear a tiny bit, not much though and wouldn't even be able to tell, even with the stock tires looks like I may trim a little off the back.

Split Six wheels with 1/8 Badlands

Last edited by Stephan81; 11-01-2012 at 02:01 AM.

RC Qualifier
    When you putting the MMP in it?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    First off, Congrats my friend!!

Uh huh!!!! We got it going on bro!!! We just so happen to live many miles apart. LOL I told myself I was going to keep this one stock. That happened for about 5 minutes after driving it. Even though the stock VXL-3S 3500 is a very nice setup in it. Moving up to the ET-3S 2400 is a beast. When you yank the motor you will notice in the pan of the chassis how they suspected people to yank it fairly quick. Nothing had to be mod'd for it to fit. I'm pretty sure a 2200 or 2650 would fit like a glove also. I have mine geared 17/54, thinking about going up to 20/54 then from there.

The badlands on Split-6's look totally sweet on there. Lets see how long you actually keep it stock.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasSummitCrawler View Post
    When you putting the MMP in it?
    Not sure, I'll run the VXL3's for a while and see how that goes, I pretty much run strictly 3's with all my RC's. Will see how my temps are. Time of the year here as well, rains A LOT! I mean A LOT. So that's another reason why I'm sticking with the stock power system for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    First off, Congrats my friend!!

Uh huh!!!! We got it going on bro!!! We just so happen to live many miles apart. LOL I told myself I was going to keep this one stock. That happened for about 5 minutes after driving it. Even though the stock VXL-3S 3500 is a very nice setup in it. Moving up to the ET-3S 2400 is a beast. When you yank the motor you will notice in the pan of the chassis how they suspected people to yank it fairly quick. Nothing had to be mod'd for it to fit. I'm pretty sure a 2200 or 2650 would fit like a glove also. I have mine geared 17/54, thinking about going up to 20/54 then from there.

The badlands on Split-6's look totally sweet on there. Lets see how long you actually keep it stock.
    Thanks Digger!! You know, I was sitting there last night and was bored, kid and wife were in bed and I was bored (I dont watch tv or anything, usually take this time for RC's and MX). I was going to start overhauling and installing all this stuff on the rally I had to hold back. Hahaha!! I just like working on trucks, what can I say! So I started working on my rusty build, atleast it gave me something to work on.

Sway Bars will probably go on today! And of course Ill be running it today as well, even though it's just pouring out. I'll be honest it's going to be hard for me to bring it out in this weather, lets just say when I get home I will be taking it all apart and drying/cleaning it all off. I usually never run in wet conditions, then again, I run castle electronics in all my trucks so far.

Also looking into possibly my first sensored setup, been wanting to try one for a while.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Sway Bars will probably go on today! And of course Ill be running it today as well, even though it's just pouring out. I'll be honest it's going to be hard for me to bring it out in this weather, lets just say when I get home I will be taking it all apart and drying/cleaning it all off. I usually never run in wet conditions, then again, I run castle electronics in all my trucks so far.

Also looking into possibly my first sensored setup, been wanting to try one for a while.
    I got my sway bars in yesterday but just couldnt get myself to the work table last night to work on them. An evening of 'trick or treating' wore me out. LOL Yeah i'm basically all castle to. I've thought about wondering off but have yet to do it though.

I havent seen your Rusty build?
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 11-01-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore