RC poster

Back in the game with a new summit

Hey everyone. Just bought a new summit the other day! I forgot how much fun these things are!! My last vehicle was the original tmaxx but I gave it away years ago. I've had traxxas models for over 20 years now. I look forward to the fun ahead. My pockets don't though lol.

[/URL]

RC Qualifier
    Your going to love the summit, its awesome machine. Worth every penny for sure. It's amazing to see what terrain the summit can handle.

RC poster
    Thanks! It's completely blown me away. I expected it to perform well but not do what I does if that makes sense lol. Took it down in the woods and creek bed behind my house and I was speechless. Climbing huge rocks straight up, going tree rooted hills, going through washouts...and it kept going. I've already got a list of accessories and upgrades for it.

There's a bit of giggling that can go along with being a new Summit owner.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Well after my third day of beating on it pretty good on the rocks I ripped a side wall. Nice V shaped hole big enough to put my pinky finger in. The other three tires all have small cuts in the side walls as well. Fortunately I ordered a set of the mounted proline badlands mx38 the other day.

RC Qualifier
    I am glad to know that you like Summit. There is so many Summit owners. That must be popular vehicle. I am not Summit owner but probably I will. I never touch it...drive it... and kiss it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish13 View Post
    Well after my third day of beating on it pretty good on the rocks I ripped a side wall. Nice V shaped hole big enough to put my pinky finger in. The other three tires all have small cuts in the side walls as well. Fortunately I ordered a set of the mounted proline badlands mx38 the other day.
    Just superglue the cuts and keep rolling.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    I plan to. Thanks. Just waiting for the foams to completely dry out. Read a lot about the tires easily getting rips and cuts but to just use tire glue on them to repair.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Just superglue the cuts and keep rolling.
    Exactly. I keep tire glue in my box and inspect the tires frequently. A little glue in a tear or crack and its good to go again. I would recommend Trenchers for all out bashing and the Canyons for crawling. The higher speed bashing and turning will wear the soft Canyons prematurely. A bonus though is that the factory wheels, tires or mounted combo are cheap compared to aftermarket offerings. Its tough to beat those stock Canyon ATs for crawling since they are so soft.

RC Qualifier
    The summit is fun . I only have the brushed version , but it has been flawless . I even made it into a fpv platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I've been reading a lot on here and the trenchers seem the way to go. I'll eventually order them as well. Through this forum I've found out about the stocks being really great due to their soft compound but prone to cuts and tears. Just need to stock up on tire glue and an extra set of the canyons.

RC Competitor
    Welcome to the summit crew. It's fun trying to get them stuck.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerstein View Post
    Welcome to the summit crew. It's fun trying to get them stuck.

You know something , I don't think I ever got it stuck . It's been close a few times in deep snow but I have always managed to get out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I did in my Fire pit all four wheels were locked n the slipper clutch was slipping real good. So I figured I'd tighten that up some n give it another go. It made it. And now it wheelies like no tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Its awesome driving the summit. To me it just floats over tough terrain, climbs really good, pretty much does everything for the most part. So far have not been disappointed in buying the summit one bit. There is that silly side to driving it.