Small issues with my BL Summit

Hey Guys,
    so I have some rather small issues with my Brushless Summit that I want to adress in the near future.

1) I got some radial play in the 17mm Hexes. Should I just replace them with the stock aluminium ones or are the better ones out there.

Not as bad as in this video:

http://youtu.be/bv8VuR0mCd8

2) my Front Diff is leaking a little. Not very much. Should I rebiuld it with a new cup and seals and put some thicker diff fluid in? Or leave it as is?
    Last edited by soundmaster; 07-08-2015 at 06:55 AM.

RC Champion
    The cheap easy fix take some electrical shrink tube and put some over the threaded part of the stub shaft. It will be tight to get your hex back on but takes all the slop out.. been going 2 years on mine without replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    The cheap easy fix take some electrical shrink tube and put some over the threaded part of the stub shaft. It will be tight to get your hex back on but takes all the slop out.. been going 2 years on mine without replacing it.
    Thanks dude. Did this mod and it took out all the slop. Awesome!!!

RC Qualifier
    I had some slop in my adapters and went and bought brand new ones and it didnt change a thing. I even tried putting some plumbers tape on threads still i can take my tire and wobble it all over. I have no idea where its coming from. Replaced the bearings already and the threaded lil buttons that control camber are tight. Truck drives straight as an arrow thou at 90kph so im guessing its ok

I think there are 4 sources for rear tire slop.

1) 17mm Hexes worn out
    2) Ball bearings worn out
    3) Rod ends worn out
    4) Pivot Balls Caps too loose

I replaced the bearings once and slop was gone, but after 2-3 runs it was there again, so I doesn't really make sence replacing them if they still run smooth.

Rod Ends should be replaced from time to time, pivot ball caps retightened and with the heat shrink mod for the hexes slop should be ok.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 07-09-2015 at 06:37 PM.

RC Champion
    If u look at the bearings even new they have a lot of play. I changed mine out for a high grade ceramic and been good and tight for a year.. can remember bearing specs but Google it then hit up ebay. I got mine cheeper than stock replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    If u look at the bearings even new they have a lot of play.
    Exactly...

So after a couple of bash sessions the slop is there again. The shrink tube only helps for a short time period.

What other options are out there?

RC Qualifier
    You need to get hpp hex adapters from germany. They are amazing i hear. Im gonna get some soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherRocker View Post
    You need to get hpp hex adapters from germany. They are amazing i hear. Im gonna get some soon.
    Already got them Very good product. Eliminates all the slop with the "center nut". Also the "secure lock" nut works great. no more loctide required.

Got lucky to get them so quick. Next will be available middle of august.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 07-26-2015 at 07:25 PM.