RC Enthusiast

mm2 & link owners

Have a used Summit, mostly stock except for the mm, and 2200kv castle. Had no idea of what the settings were, but it seemed to run fine, until I smoked the esc, (bad shift servo). Replaced mm with the mm2, and set it up with the link, *my first time using it*. This Summit is geared for high speed, so I set the drag brake at 20%. *On Pavement*, and in low gear, this setting was way too much, and in high gear, not as bad, but still to much brake. It was almost like I was applying the brakes. Set the drag brake at 10%, and some improvement, but still unacceptable. Is the 4 pole motor without any drag brakes enough to begin slowing this puppy down before applying the brakes? Like I said, I do not know how it was set up before, but it was A LOT smoother! Of coarse I will try it, but also looking for suggestions.
    Also, my neutral zone is way too small.

I don't use drag brakes at all with my ESC's... not unless I am strictly crawling. Drag brakes generate tons of heat.

You can adjust throttle dead band via Castle's software.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Tried without any drag brake. Better I guess, but I would still like to have a little drag. Perhaps I will experiment with the braking curve. Wall, WALL!, WALL!