RC poster

What to do with Nitro Buggy

I'm new here. I used to be into RC cars a long, long time ago. As such, I don't have too much knowledge with what the technology is these days with nitros or electrics, seems that nitros are a lot less popular now.
    Anyway, I have what is left of my Nitro Buggy. It is basically just a rolling chassis with the servos and radio. It needs quite a few parts that apparently I found recently online such as the motor mount and fuel tank. I replaced the pan at one point with a decent used one. I'm debating building it to use but I feel that I may be wasting my time/money with this since it has so few parts and of course if a part breaks it is hard to find. I doubt it is worth much at all to bother to sell. Would this be worth building or better off getting a new vehicle? Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Hey Dude,

I guess it boils down to what your nitro buggy means to you. You might consider restoring it for display purposes or just rebuild it and run it lightly. If you are looking to "bash", yeah, parts would be a nightmare to replace often and if it has white nylon parts, they get brittle.

You could always put it up in the Traxxas Marketplace if you want to sell it. You should search around on the web (auction site[s]) to get an idea of what it might be worth. Personally, I'm an electric guy but vintage Traxxas stuff is rad. Hate to see you unload it and then regret it. But I understand your dilemma.

Welcome & Good luck,

Mark

RC poster
    I know some Bandit suspension parts will interchange, and Rustler stuff will work as well if I wanted a wider stance but this was 10+ years ago. I have no idea if the newer Bandit stuff will work. It has black nylon parts so I know it is a newer car. I was thinking of maybe keeping the pan and putting a newer transmission in and all that, but then again I could just buy a newer project. eBay currently has one or two complete ones and they are asking $70-80 with no bids. A pan on there is about $25 with no bids either so I'm sure mine is probably worth around $20 or so in parts.

The modern Bandits and Rustlers are essentially the same as they were 10+ years; they've just been beefed up a bit and modernized. The suspension arms are exactly the same.

Personally, I would buy a roller or two from eBay and fix yours up. You could use the rollers for spare parts when/if things break. Whether or not you drive it is up to you, but I probably would.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle