RC Competitor

Out of the box changes?

So....what out the box tweaks should be done before trying the rally out? Mine is bone stock with the stock battery for now.

RC Champion
    Nothing, go run it. Maybe pick up the aluminum bearing adapter for the slipper. Are you running on road only? Offroad with jumps etc..? If your going offroad and some jumps maybe get some aluminum shock caps and eventually some TiNi Shafts.

Eventually get yourself a good Lipo battery and Charger as well, it's a whole new world going from NimH to Lipo.

Run it as is and upgrade as stuff wears out or breaks. It's pretty tough in stock form Other than batterys/shock caps/shafts/and slipper adapter I don't really see the need to upgrade it. Of course this all depends on where/how you will be driving it.

Have fun with the new Car bud Congrats and welcome to the Forums

EDIT: Stock tires run out of tread pretty quickly. Maybe down the road look into getting yourself another set. Check out peoples build threads to see what they are using and having good luck with or pick up another set of stockers once your first set is near done.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 12-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Hello & welcome to the Rally Forum. Charge up a pack and let her rip. What Stephan said pretty much sums it up. I'd say run the truck until something breaks or you want to upgrade it. Upgrading the shocks with alloy caps & TiNi shafts, Big Bores, Losi Ten-Ts, or the soon to be offered GTRs if you decide to go offroad. The stockers are actually nice though. Lipo will give you the best performance boost from the stock batts. Another thing down the road possibly some RPM A-arms and a different set of treads. The ones that come on the car do a great job, they just don't last long on pavement. I have fun squeelling them. This platform can use a lot of upgrade parts from the 4x4 Slash/ Pede. There are some options for you to make it your own. If you need any help let us know. Stephan, Pave, & I have builds going on so check them out and ask questions.

Go out and have some fun.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info and the welcome!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i agree, have fun with it..... tear up some grass....get it dirty.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    How about sway-bars?