Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Killer ralley! What wheels and tires are those? Also is the esc and motor from the traxxas funny cars?
    I picked the tires up from suprasales on eBay. Yep, the ESC & motor are from the FC.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I was off today so I charged up a couple of 3S packs and some 2S for the little guys MERV. We blasted around the yard and on the street. I slapped the stock body and tires back on to get some use from them. Its a riot to hear the stockers screetching on the pavement. LOL I had an issue with the TQi, long story short you need to close out all the apps including the link app once in a while if you have any issues.

Oh and another funny thing happened the little guy drove his MERV in the storm drain. I had to fish it out. Luckily it was bone dry and no critters in there. He was worried we wouldn't be able to get it.

Man it was a gorgeous day for RC to. Mid 70's and sunny skies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice, glad you had fun. I have been waiting for a few days here to go out and do some driving. Nothing but pouring and cold rain. Wouldn't be bad if it was light rain and not so cold but man it's terrible lol.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Nice, sounds like you had fun! I have bad weather here too, man I hate rain!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

I bashed the mess out of the little car yesterday. 2- 3S packs worth. The little guy and I collided at about 30mph and the sucker went skidding on its lid for 30ft. Then about 20 minutes later I decided to wedge the car halfway into a storm drain. LOL After the run all that was messed up obviously road rash on the lid, body posts, and a little piece of foam on the front bumper. Sorry no pics to post up.

I got a few parts in the mail yesterday. The new Traxxas 6851R & 6852R Driveshafts. I also got my 2 sets of FLM 12mm to 17mm hex adapters. I had originally purchased these for my MIP's that I have. Guess i'll see how the traxxas hold up. They'll get used on one of my other rigs. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Nice purchase! I have confidence in these shafts! As I said before, " with a short course setup, they will last for ever". All I need is a set of axles f/r to put on one of my xo1 sets, then I'll be able to run the 12mm hexes. I still have Tekno but on this truck im diggin the alloy from my xo1 package..
    nice ride Digger, I like the paint, parts choices, and electronics. Lots if parts I would have chosen myself.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    First of all, you have a great looking chassis and body! I like the upgrades you went with.

I have a few questions for you:

-What is better about the motor and esc that you installed compared to the stock system?
    -Which Traxxas 17mm adapters are you using? I noticed there are 2 different sets. One set is splined and one set is short. Which do I need for the Rally?

RC Champion
    It is a rebranded castle 2400kv motor and a MMP with 3s limit. The esc is telemetry ready also. You don't need to use Traxxas adapter's, proline, AKA are a few good set's off the top of my head.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
    First of all, you have a great looking chassis and body! I like the upgrades you went with.

I have a few questions for you:

-What is better about the motor and esc that you installed compared to the stock system?
    -Which Traxxas 17mm adapters are you using? I noticed there are 2 different sets. One set is splined and one set is short. Which do I need for the Rally?
    The the CC rebranded for Traxxas combo from the Funny Car. Very good setup and you can pick them up cheap, well fairly cheaper than the MMP 2400kv brother. It's a lower kv and can be geared up higher and run cooler, plus it's 4-pole vs the 2-pole stock setup.

I'm using the Slash 4x4/ Pede 4x4 17mm adapters currently. I was working on installing MIP's for the rear but they are the new keyed axles and don't use a pin. I went ahead and ordered FLM 12mm to 17mm adapters. I just got these in yesterday and have yet to use them. I'm going to try out the new Traxxas CVD's that I listed a few posts up. I hope they hold up well. I like runnning 17mm when I can, It also opens up the doors to more wheel choices, especially for buggy.

I run many castle setups, this one seems perfect for the Rally IMO.

Hope this helps.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info.

Do you have a part number for that brushless system? Also, what speeds are you getting out of it?