Thread: Side pipes

RC poster

Side pipes

This may be just a waste of time but I don't understand why you can't put side pipes on the rear or rear pipes on the side lol maybe someone could tell me if they have a chance. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    It mostly has to do with header setup's and mounts for your can.
    I think it's mostly a preference thing since there are many great rear pipes as well as side setup's.
    But on that note I'm thinking of doing a .28 in revo2 and it will likely get a "side pipe".
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

You can but either the attachment point will be upside-down or the stinger will face the inside. The side pipes are generally a little longer so you'd need to have a header that can extend that far out. If I recall, the Jato pipe is pretty much the reverse of the Revo so theoretically installing a Jato pipe will make it a side-blow exhaust.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I heard someone say that the jato pipe was the best for the 3.3. I got a .26 max ima drop in 1 of my revos but I got the ez start and want a good rear pipe but it sounds like the053 is the best pipe for it

RC Qualifier
    Right now I have an os21tm that came with a new header and gasket but before that I had problems with the stock bolt on headers breaking on my TRX3.3 and ended up switching to a platinum spring style header with a custom o-ring set-up also I run the trx single chamber pipe with the stinger bored out to 13/64th's

Forgot to mention that it's easy to make the plat header work with the easy start.
    Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 10-22-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLINGERI87 View Post
    I heard someone say that the jato pipe was the best for the 3.3. I got a .26 max ima drop in 1 of my revos but I got the ez start and want a good rear pipe but it sounds like the053 is the best pipe for it
    The THS146B is the best rear exit pipe for your Picco...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    You guys think I would get more power out the trx 3.3 with the jato side pipe or the stock 5493 res pipe for revo

RC Champion
    The Jato Single Chamber and Dual Chamber pipes are the same pipes as the Revo dual and single chamber pipes with the stinger facing a different direction. The power came from the change in the header when we were all racing side pipe because it was a larger diameter. When they went to the Platinum header which was larger than stock we all changed back to rear in the days of racing.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods