RC Enthusiast

Upgrades required for Castle 2400 install

Would much appreciate some help here, i don't really have much of a clue! - I have a stock slash and I'm gonna put the castle 2400 SC combo in it. Getting MIPs all around and upgraded bearing adapter. Not too sure what to do about the diff though. Do I upgrade to a Revo diff? can someone give me some part numbers for what i need please? Are there any other up-grades I will need? I want to get this right first time as I live in New Zealand and it takes ages to get things sent down here. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by 12toes; 10-21-2012 at 01:17 AM.

RC Competitor
    everything u have there is perfect but make sure u buy the castle link too very helful ! Also it is a easy swap to do modifcations i have a mamba 2200 and it goes right in. And lastly its going to be a rocket trust me used to have that system

RC Enthusiast
    Good to hear I'm on the right track - will definitely get the castle link. From what I've read it's an awesome motor. Do you know part numbers for the diff upgrade? some ideas on good all-round gearing would be great too.

RC Champion
    The slash come's with revo diff's already.you'll want to install the revo slipper assembly

5352R

40c 5000mah 3s or 4s lipo's.

battery expansion kit

5828x
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. Any ideas on gearing? I bash it on the street and on a bmx track mostly.
    Last edited by 12toes; 10-21-2012 at 04:38 AM.

I put the diff carrier support bar in my rear diff so the cups dont warp or the pin does not get lose and create bind probs with the spider gears.traxxas part no. 5383x its worth it and you only need the support bar
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Get ready for some insane speeds. My 2400 truck on 4s is a handful. I would recommend rpm arms and aluminum knuckles, castor blocks, and rear hub carriers. You're going to want to lower the stance, you will probably need MIPs or teknos, and a tekno center driveshaft. My truck flexs the stock driveshaft
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    I'd like to add you will want to use heavier shock oil and stiffer spring's as well.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Black sway bars set to flush rear, 9mm front. Tekno big bone center driveshaft is a must, limits slop in the drivetrain and needed for the power of the mamba. Mip cvd are nice and beefy, they are heavy. If I had to do over I would choose the tekno cvd. I also installed Proline shocks and rc st aluminum shock tower. Change the stock slipper to the revo, parts are cheap, get the aluminum pads for the slipper and once completed tighten all the way. Enjoy the castle system, it's a did different animal.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    Black sway bars set to flush rear, 9mm front. Tekno big bone center driveshaft is a must, limits slop in the drivetrain and needed for the power of the mamba. Mip cvd are nice and beefy, they are heavy. If I had to do over I would choose the tekno cvd. I also installed Proline shocks and rc st aluminum shock tower. Change the stock slipper to the revo, parts are cheap, get the aluminum pads for the slipper and once completed tighten all the way. Enjoy the castle system, it's a did different animal.
    Surely the power of the motor means the weight of the MIP's isn't an issue?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I'd like to add you will want to use heavier shock oil and stiffer spring's as well.
    I already have the big bore shocks. What weight of oil and which springs would be best? I bash it pretty hard.

RC Champion
    which pistons are in the shocks?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    which pistons are in the shocks?
    Geez, unsure. Just topped them up with oil and threw them in!

RC Champion
    Well the easy test to see if the 30 wt that comes with it is enough is to drop it from about 4 ft straight down. If it bottoms out then the oil/piston configuration isnt dampening enough so that would call for less holes in the pistons or heavier oil.