Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    RC Champion
    You got a sweet truck here. Good luck on the perfect wheelie bar.
    Last edited by revoman78; 10-26-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    wow this beast has come a long way! i want to get back in speed run game and grab some of those pinions. the highest i have is the robinson racing 33 tooth.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    You got a sweet truck hear. Good luck on the perfect wheelie bar.
    Appreciate the compliment dude. I here you on the wheelie bar. I might just try and hammer this one out and give it another go lol.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    wow this beast has come a long way! i want to get back in speed run game and grab some of those pinions. the highest i have is the robinson racing 33 tooth.
    It sure has come a long way. My jumping skills weren't good enough for this Rc lol. To much alloy to bend. The pinions aren't that expensive but certainly add up so choose wisely. I need to go run by my dads house and pick up the 39&40 tooth I just bought. Don't know why I bought the 39 lol. So what would be your speed run Rc?

Sent from Oser world

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    It sure has come a long way. My jumping skills weren't good enough for this Rc lol. To much alloy to bend. The pinions aren't that expensive but certainly add up so choose wisely. I need to go run by my dads house and pick up the 39&40 tooth I just bought. Don't know why I bought the 39 lol. So what would be your speed run Rc?

Sent from Oser world
    My POW/MIA Rustler....Prisoners of War/Missing in Action Rustler...hit 63mph with it. and that was with the 31/76 gearing. since then it has been just sitting up.

RC Qualifier
    My POW/MIA Rustler....Prisoners of War/Missing in Action Rustler...hit 63mph with it. and that was with the 31/76 gearing. since then it has been just sitting up.
    What are you waiting for? I forgot about your rustler. I remember seeing it a while back. I just got done viewing absoloots rustler build. One of the biggest differences I see is the choice of motor. Man I would love to have your rustler. You do have a good platform to speed with lol.
    Oh I just removed the hr savor. The plastic spine adaptor was stripped all the way lol. Man I don't know how I was able to keep it on the road at all lol. So I installed the stock traxxas savor....so much better. Should be able to run it again tomorrow. WHO DAT!!!!!

Sent from Oser world

RC Champion
    yea that should work. anything is better than down-time lol if you can post some vids of this beast in speed run action

SUCH a Sick Rustler!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

thank you absoloot1. i had retired this rig to the shelf due to bending alloy parts while bashing. you know i have a p2de and p4de to bash with so i decided why not see what kind of trouble i could get into on the streets.i really enjoy having a deticated street rig were alloy parts dont really hinder its performance. Its nice to see you back man. just the other day i was thinking about you. please stay tuned because this ride aint near done with. Its only just begun!!! hoooaaaahhh
    Thanks bro. Good to be back. Having a good time. Putin in some hours since I had time off work til monday. You know, I realized I did not nearly express the interest I really feel for ur truck in my last quick comment. I've always LOVED this setup and have a soft spot for PS Shocks, and Castle 2400 system together with some green. Always thought ur build was so so so sick. I LOOOVE ur rig. Its also awesome to see you expressing your creative self builder style, And u do a way clean job, on a clean space. My style! But I couldn't agree more. Gold Spec isn't gonna see off-roading for the time being. But she is gonna see a Castle 2400 or 3800 soon and I don't only agree with ya on what ya said, but I am reproducing the set-up so I have my own

Also... Great minds think alike. Not that it's my original idea, just so happen to share it. The drawing you did of the platform, skid underneath. Had the same thought, looked identical in my mind. Id love to try it, and maybe one day when I do the Rustler thing, and that's knocked out, il get all crazy with a Pede for once, and slap a MM for a challenge. lol Keep it up bro, I really dig ur rigs.

And U know I'm staying Tuned!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    OK big update for me. Installed the 40 tooth pinion last note. 40/76 gearing. Just made one speed run. 68.9mph! That's 69 rounded off. Got my nephew for proof lolvery excited. Time for another run. Didn't want to wreck and have the GPS fly off and turn off before I got a picture of it lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    NICE.. I think you will break the 70mph mark real soon. It would be nice to see a chart of your setup and the speed gains you are achieving with each new spur you are putting on there. Would also be cool for you to be able to revert back to the chart and see the progress/changes you made while doing it. I have to hurry up and decide which batteries I want for my FLM rustler and see what top speed I can achieve. Either that or shelf the FLM build and use my other rustler for speedruns. Keep up the great work Don, I've kept my eyes glued to this thread.

RC Qualifier
    2nd run. 69.7mph. I accomplished my goal on this road. I can only wonder how fast it could go on a longer road/parking lot.

RC Qualifier
    Couldn't get this pic to load earlier.

RC Champion
    40 tooth pinion WOW!!! how well does the G-Locs perform at those speeds Don? i probably only went around 50-55 with my G-locs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    NICE.. I think you will break the 70mph mark real soon. It would be nice to see a chart of your setup and the speed gains you are achieving with each new spur you are putting on there. Would also be cool for you to be able to revert back to the chart and see the progress/changes you made while doing it. I have to hurry up and decide which batteries I want for my FLM rustler and see what top speed I can achieve. Either that or shelf the FLM build and use my other rustler for speedruns. Keep up the great work Don, I've kept my eyes glued to this thread.
    Thanks Baltimore. I understand what your asking me to do with some charts, but I don't believe they would be accurate because I believe this street isn't long enough. Sure I reached higher top speeds today with the 40 pinion, but I strongly believe the 37 pinion could have gotten me there with more street length. I was very surprised though that I got 3mph quicker. I didn't expect to see that much difference. Boy was I surprised. The 69.7mph run ended up on a gravel driveway lol. The road curves to the right but my wife's sisters driveway is in the curve. Thank full for that lol.

So you are on the fence on which rustler to use lol. It's a tough decision because one wrong move and the Rc is destroyed. That's what makes speed runs fun. Keep us posted on your choice man. Good luck. I am leaving for work tomorrow for several days so all I will have is this forum to entertain my Rc needs......peace

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    40 tooth pinion WOW!!! how well does the G-Locs perform at those speeds Don? i probably only went around 50-55 with my G-locs
    You know man the 40 tooth pinion was easy to install. Didn't even have to adjust the mesh. That's the largest pinion the REM tranny will take without mods. Just tighten down the grub screw and lockdown the motor. I did unglue and taped the rear g-Locs. I am very impressed with these tires although the rears are wearing badly in the middle. Not sure how many more runs I will get out of them. Trying to make each run count and today was money!! Starting to research what my next tires will be, XO1 tires maybe?

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Please excuse my previous statement about largest pinion for REM tranny. 40 tooth pinion appears to be the largest that will fit with 76 tooth traxxas spur. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Well after 11 days offshore working I finally made it in. Very excited! My wife also informed me that next Friday I can order a new RC! I also received my REM rear shock tower back from warranty. As promised lifetime warranty, but it didn't come back anodized black. Oh well. Just got it installed and glad to have it back on with all its tunability features. Now its time to look through tower hobbies for a new traxxas RC!!

RC Qualifier
    If your looking for a new set of tires, check out GRP's. Shock tower looks good!

RC Qualifier
    What lipo did you use and is that the mmp 2400kv combo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    If your looking for a new set of tires, check out GRP's. Shock tower looks good!
    Thanks, I will check them out. I do need guidance in the tire area. I was thinking XO1, but they are 17mm. These G-Locs still have life left.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by streetslash View Post
    What lipo did you use and is that the mmp 2400kv combo
    It's a blue 4s lipo and it is a castle MMP/2400 combo. It's a new esc case and I opted for no sticker.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Oh ok i have that setup in my 2wd slash i run it on 4s 6000 65c the gearing is mod1 20/36 and man its fast

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I will check them out. I do need guidance in the tire area. I was thinking XO1, but they are 17mm. These G-Locs still have life left.

Sent from Oser world
    GRP's are 17mm also but quite a bit cheaper than the XO-1 tires though.
    Last edited by Baltim0re28; 11-10-2013 at 08:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If you get grps check out bruckner hobbies they have them for a good prices

RC Qualifier
    Going to go check those tires out after the saints hopefully beet Dallas lol. I do have these brand new MIP 17mm adaptors.

RC Qualifier
    Thats what i got i like them

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by streetslash View Post
    Thats what i got i like them
    So from what I could tell by dry fitting them on spare mip keyed axles, looks like remove the mip hex and lock down mip with two grub screws. On the front stock axles do the same thing but also lock it I. With the axle pin?

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Saying goodbye to a old friend. I have reached my speed goal that I set for this RC. I bought a crawler and used the MMP out of the p4de for it. Not getting any use out of it, but I am running my p2de a lot. So I figure pull this RC apart and use the parts as they are needed. I want to put this MMP ESC back in the p4de and get it running again. I will have a lot of good spare parts for my bash p2de as well. Its so fun running my bash p2de after running the crawler lol. Just let it rip. Can't beat a bash p2de. Well that's all for this build. It sure has been fun and I met a lot of great people along the way. Look forward to meeting more of you guys in the future. last pic of the green hornet.....peace.

RC Qualifier
    Hate to see it go.. This was a great ongoing thread. Good luck on your next project and I look forward to your new threads.