RC Competitor

Center Differential Questions

i have a stampede vxl 4x4. I have 50k fluid in both diff and trencher for tires. I know i need to switch the rear diff to 30k and get sway bars. I use a 2s lipo and I have steering issues. I either under steer cause the front tires get picked up or over steer and just flip over. I can't take under turns under power i have to release the throttle and take a turn wide. Will a center differential stop my front wheels from coming up and allow me to take turns on the inside and have power coming out of them? I run the tracks at UNOH school. So i do mostly short course i do bash a little bit but nothing extreme besides jumps and occasionally climbing something.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Yes to the first 3 questions. Unfortunately, swapping in a center diff with stock oil, will prevent you from climbing much of anything steep.
    Last edited by rag6; 10-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Yes to the first 3 questions. Unfortunately, swapping in a center diff with stock oil, will prevent you from climbing much of anything steep.
    thank you and thats no big deal i can swap it back to the slipper clutch for any of that if i need to its not a hard change so

Quote Originally Posted by ITh4n4tosI View Post
    thank you and thats no big deal i can swap it back to the slipper clutch for any of that if i need to its not a hard change so
    I swap back and forth a good amount. Most of the time I leave the slipper in because I am just goofing off and like the wheelies but if I seriously want to go fast or shut my son the "race" truck fan boy up I throw in the center diff
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I swap back and forth a good amount. Most of the time I leave the slipper in because I am just goofing off and like the wheelies but if I seriously want to go fast or shut my son the "race" truck fan boy up I throw in the center diff
    yeah thats my problem with the racing application. It just wheelies and either understeers or over steers to the point of flipping over. I can never actually reach top speed cause even a 2s lipo pulls the wheels up my NiMH battey is actually faster cause its more composed