Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    Hi, how do you change the settings in the ESC to be more aggressive? I know there is training mode and normal mode but what is "6 punch"???
    It sounds like you have a velineon esc if I'm not mistaken? The velineon is not as programmable as castle escs are, but the three modes are:
    Training- 50% Throttle, 100% Brake, 50% Reverse
    Sport- 100% Throttle, 100% Brake, 100% Reverse
    Race- 100% Throttle, 100% Brake, No reverse
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    It sounds like you have a velineon esc if I'm not mistaken? The velineon is not as programmable as castle escs are, but the three modes are:
    Training- 50% Throttle, 100% Brake, 50% Reverse
    Sport- 100% Throttle, 100% Brake, 100% Reverse
    Race- 100% Throttle, 100% Brake, No reverse
    Correct. I just have it on Sport mode..I can adjust training mode via my Iphone and TQi telemetry for when the younger kids want a turn.

Any news or are you having to much fun???.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Any news or are you having to much fun???.....peace
    News: Yes
    Fun: No
    I did take the truck out on a small run three days ago. I was looking to fix the acceleration issue when the truck started driving strange. I pulled it over and the mip axle had come apart. After looking for the missing piece (keyed shaft) for about an hour with no luck, I put the truck away and there it sits today. Its getting cold outside now and snow should come soon, so the project will probably wait till the spring. I will try to work on the esc over the next few weeks. My question to you spenniepoos is what percent do you have your punch rated at?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    News: Yes
    Fun: No
    I did take the truck out on a small run three days ago. I was looking to fix the acceleration issue when the truck started driving strange. I pulled it over and the mip axle had come apart. After looking for the missing piece (keyed shaft) for about an hour with no luck, I put the truck away and there it sits today. Its getting cold outside now and snow should come soon, so the project will probably wait till the spring. I will try to work on the esc over the next few weeks. My question to you spenniepoos is what percent do you have your punch rated at?
    Sorry to hear about the MIP issues. Did you clean all the parts real good with rubbing alcohol and let the red loctite set for 24hrs before running them? I know how you feel man, i spent way too much time looking for cvd parts with my first set of mip's. I actually came up with an easy way to find them. I used to walk around with my old school radioshack metal detector and still couldnt find the parts, so i ended up using a 1 foot long piece of 1/2" square steel stock rod and stuck a bunch of crazy powerful earth magnets all along the steel rod (bought magnets from a surplus store for 20 cents each). Then i used some old small chain i had laying around and attached the magnetic rod to the rear of my 5 year old son's emaxx. Then i charged up 4 lipo packs and let him have at it for an hour or two in the general area where i lost the parts. He got a kick out of dragging that thing around and found the mip parts every time with that rod, (pins, grubs, barrels,shaft) along with a whole bunch of body clips, nails, change, screws etc. The best part about it was that i didnt have to do anything! lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Like baldy said red threadlock after a good clean because when you do a sweet job it will last for years and my punch setting is 60% with a half turn on the slipper...peace

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Sorry to hear about the MIP issues. Did you clean all the parts real good with rubbing alcohol and let the red loctite set for 24hrs before running them? I know how you feel man, i spent way too much time looking for cvd parts with my first set of mip's. I actually came up with an easy way to find them. I used to walk around with my old school radioshack metal detector and still couldnt find the parts, so i ended up using a 1 foot long piece of 1/2" square steel stock rod and stuck a bunch of crazy powerful earth magnets all along the steel rod (bought magnets from a surplus store for 20 cents each). Then i used some old small chain i had laying around and attached the magnetic rod to the rear of my 5 year old son's emaxx. Then i charged up 4 lipo packs and let him have at it for an hour or two in the general area where i lost the parts. He got a kick out of dragging that thing around and found the mip parts every time with that rod, (pins, grubs, barrels,shaft) along with a whole bunch of body clips, nails, change, screws etc. The best part about it was that i didnt have to do anything! lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    No, I didn't clean the parts with alcohol, but I used red loctite. I'm thinking I had the set screw on the wrong side of the pin so it didn't hold well. That's not a bad idea to find the missing pieces with a magnet, kind of funny too. I might try it or buy a rebuild kit. Do you know what comes in the kit because I don't want to pay another $75 dollars and I doubt they will replace it?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Like baldy said red threadlock after a good clean because when you do a sweet job it will last for years and my punch setting is 60% with a half turn on the slipper...peace
    Thanks! I'll program my esc to 60% and see if it helps
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Dude get the rebuild kit make sure you get the grub screws to sit in the dips and you will be good to go and try your esc on 60% take it easy man and speak soon......peace

RC Champion
    Dude get the rebuild kit make sure you get the grub screws to sit in the dips and you will be good to go and try your esc on 60% take it easy man and speak soon......peace
    I will try, man, but no guarantees because I have finals this upcoming week.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL