RC poster

Help Traxxas Raptor + MMP 3800kv

I currently have the F150 Raptor with Titan12 motor, and I think the motor is going to die soon so im gonna order the MMP+3800kv (5mm shaft) combo. Im new on this so opinions, tips, Correct Gear Config, recommendations on what gear I must get, are greatly appreciated. I also want to know the performance I can get with this combo. Thanks!

RC Racer
    with that i would go to 32 pitch gearing. running jato spurs with 32 pitch 5mm bore pinions. you wont be able to run a gear cover anymore but with 32 pitch you wont need it. i converted my slash after burning through 6 spurs in 3 weeks. and thaqt was my entire supply. i went to 32 pitch gears with 2 spurs per gear ratio. and i have 4 different spurs i have yet to eat one. and i run in the sand often too.

i like it alot. the power difference you get is an amazing improvement even over the traxxas vxl combo but that ones good to. only downside is its not waterproof. you will need a new pinion gear. i have a robinson racing 23tooth pinion meant for a 5mm shaft. the pinion is like 5 dollars. mine runs cool all day. you might need your lhs to solder the battery connecter on if you dont know how
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_builder View Post
    with that i would go to 32 pitch gearing. running jato spurs with 32 pitch 5mm bore pinions. you wont be able to run a gear cover anymore but with 32 pitch you wont need it. i converted my slash after burning through 6 spurs in 3 weeks. and thaqt was my entire supply. i went to 32 pitch gears with 2 spurs per gear ratio. and i have 4 different spurs i have yet to eat one. and i run in the sand often too.
    Can I install the motor without modifying the chassis and keeping the 48p? Is it safe to race without the gear cover?

Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    i like it alot. the power difference you get is an amazing improvement even over the traxxas vxl combo but that ones good to. only downside is its not waterproof. you will need a new pinion gear. i have a robinson racing 23tooth pinion meant for a 5mm shaft. the pinion is like 5 dollars. mine runs cool all day. you might need your lhs to solder the battery connecter on if you dont know how
    Im also getting the Robinson Racing 19T 5mm since the CC gearing chart says 19T maximum. Is 19 enough, or should I go for a little more? I want speed+control. About the connector soldering, is this traxxas female connector all I need to make it work?

RC Racer
    i think kershaw designs has 5mm bore 48 pitch pinions you can try and look on their website. with the slash you should not have to worry about getting pinched since you are not suppose to touch the throttle till after they flip it over. ive never had a problem with racing just show up and race. i have never had anything said to me yet.