I am tunnin up my slash 4x4 and had a few questions about the D8s.
1. What is the desired length of the front and rear shocks and is the length measure from eye to eye or end to end?
2. What is the best position on upper and lower mount? I have rpm arms and towers?
3. Best spring and weight oil.
FYI. Setting up for bashing. I run a map 2650 with 3 to 4s, Robinson racing slipper, mip cvds, 17 mm hex and 1/8 wheels and most of the other little up grades. Thanks in advance Doug.
1. 95-97mm Front, 108mm Rear
2. Top - Middle whole F&R
Bottom - 1st or 2nd closest to the wheel F&R
3. Anywhere from 20-35wt shock oil, Since you run a MMM, I would go with white springs and 30wt.
I got a set in yesterday and did the mods and I just did a test run with them and liking the SC10 big bore shocks better.
Ill try again once I get the TRCE adjustable shock towers.
May be because Im running an LCG chassis?
Ill just wait until I get the tower and experiment with springs, oil and height. It may just because Im spoiled on the SC10s and have them dialed in already.
It's eye to eye.
Thanks mucho. Ps u have good u tube videos.
Thanks Learo, just uploaded a setup video last night. It goes into more detail about the shocks.
D8 shocks can take awhile to get the tuned in with your set-up..You might wanna try different spring rates or shock oil..You'll love them when get them dialed in.
Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
2x SSC SL4x4
That's a good option. I bought the HotBodies shock mount's for my D8's and it was like 20 buck's. Love my D8's though.
*Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*