RC Racer

Question Brushless Conversion Spring Question

So, just about done completely converting my 3903 to the 3908 brushless version...got the wheelie bar, tires, hexes, servos, and of course the brushless system w/ mount.

The only other difference I see between the two models are the springs.

Are there any benefits switching the stock ones out for the progressive ones that come on the 3908? What would be the difference in handling, etc?

Thanks in advance...

RC Champion
    big difference in handling. The stock "Red" springs are linear compression springs and the progressive are....welll....progressive, meaning the compression weight increases as the springs compress

Let the arguements begin...........

RC Racer
    I see. Sounds like more of a preference thing. Not a clear cut winner...

RC Champion
    I have used both and I believe the res springs are just not up to the Maxx task - brushed or brushless. Lots of folks run aftermarket springs but I have noticed a definate difference in the Linear vs progressive

RC Qualifier
    bigbadballard u have a pm
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

I have a couple sets of springs for mine Red and blue and then the white stock one's the white ones seem a little soft to me and the blue seem harder than both red and white ones. out of those 3 springs which is better?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    I dont know about Traxxas spring rates. the general consensus is that no traxxas spring is good. Many people buy RC Raven dual rate (similar to progressive rate). Also, Associated springs are very popular.

I went to my local Ace Hardeware, and found a huge selection of springs, I experimented and now run with 35wt oil, half ACE shocks and half stockers.
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

I'm not sure what company my shocks are just that they are red and blue ones guess i'll try 2 blue ones in the rear and leave the front alone for now see how that goes. do you change out the front rears or the rear rear ones? what has more benifit
    DEU 8:18 ESV