Have I just bought the wrong batteries?

Hi,
    I'm a new Stampede 4X4 brushed owner. I have several parts coming for my stock truck but one of the first purchases I've made were some 6600mah 2S2P 65~130C Hardcase Lipo Packs.

After ordering, I noticed that most people get ~30C batteries, have I made an error? What impact will the higher C-rating have on my truck?

TIA for your help.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-17-2015 at 04:36 PM.

A higher c rating will generally increase the punch of the motor. I doubt it will have much effect on a brushed motor though. I think you ratings are a bit exaggerated but since there is no standard for determining a pack's c rating it doesn't mean much anyways.
    Whatever you are, be a good one.

A higher C-rating usually costs more than a lower C-rating from the same manufacturer, all else being equal, but there will be no detriment to your Stampede.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    OP, I am going to get some SPC batteries (or SMC) for my Summit/Slash/other RC soon. Those batteries have a rating of 50C from SPC with a burst of 100C (going from memory here).

with that said, I would say your batteries are 65C continuous with a "burst" of 130C. Like Jimdog said, the higher rating will generally increase the motor punch.

I would say you haven't made an error and that running them in your truck should be ok.

RC Champion
    Yea your good man. I run 70c SMC 3s and a 60c 3s

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help.
    Cheers.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    as long as your battery isn't too long, you will be fine...

just looked up the one you are getting..... I have a similar battery, just don't use it much. the mfr has over inflated claims, and my battery has puffed to almost a cylinder shape, it rocks if I put it down on a flat surface.... that mfr has very poor quality standards

SPC batteries are where it is at.... they have great prices, and great batteries, with true specs, not some inflated claim