RC Racer

such thing as bullet proof front control arms / A-arms?

im not complaining, i love my slash...its really not a truck fault but driver error, but i keep breaking front lower control arms (LCA's) and want a more permanent solution. im on my 5th set of lca's...i wouldnt be complaining if it werent for the fact that i always seem to break only one side. anyone want 4 left control arms? lol

question is, what do you suggest for the most permanent/longest lasting solution?

aluminum...
    i know...its not technically "bullet proof" but is this a viable/long lasting solution? if so, which brand do i buy? cheapest on ebay is around 15 for both fronts (never had a rear issue so i dont care to buy an entire set) and they range up to 30+...i know they arent all equal, but thats where you come in, what do you suggest for aluminum lca's?

keep in mind, i dont "bash" my truck on the street or skate parks like you see on youtube. i only run my local track and some back yard dog chases. the main reason to my lca failures is 1 pole in the track i run at, and a railing post on my back deck/patio one time.

most obvious solution, i know...der
    dont hit things that are immovable...but im retarded, sorry, i cant help it...this truck is magnetic to stuff like that.

thanks in advance

RC poster
    RPM are a well backed product. Check out their warranty http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/faq/warranty.htm

RC Champion
    The problem with aluminum is it will either break as well or bend which still renders it useless.
    Im running Magnesium but they come with a high cost and are really no more stable than the aluminum, just lighter and the TRCE long arms have far more set up options than any other on the market.
    If the posts, curbs, trees, railings keep jumping out in front of you that doesnt help matters.
    The RPM arms have some give to them, wont break the bank and wont snap like a twig as the stock ones do.
    This is why you usually see the first upgrades are RPM A arms and shock towers. If you run these and still break them have the track take out that pole and tear down your deck.

Rpm a-arm are great
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    As others have stated RPM are beefed up, Proline has a viable solution also. If you are constantly breaking them what environment are you driving in? Maybe raise ride height, or ease up on the lead finger, I'm guilty of that as well.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Racer
    not every crash is due totally to my ignorance, its a track and sometime people get bumped into the pole in mid air...the stockers never snap like a twig right away, but i know for a fact that, THATS what fatigues them enough that a few laps later they snap for almost no given reason.

the only reason i wanted to stay away from proline's wide track kit/beefy lca's is because of it rep, ive read a lot of issues (that are more than likely resolved) on top of that, if/when one breaks and you still wanna play, you have to buy a spare set at the time of purchase otherwise youre out of a car for atleast a few days.

im going to see if my local shop has the rpm parts...i could have sworn i looked at a guys car that had a blue set of them and they were tweaked on one side...granted his car looked like a basher...but if it bends and wont bend back like you want, i mean 10 more bucks and i have aluminum.

rpm's are on the list though, thanks for the help everyone. ill report my findings.
    Last edited by supradrew; 10-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.

RC Champion
    Tweaked is better than broken isnt it? The same will happen to aluminum. It wont break as easy but when it gets bent there is no bending it back, it will snap. I always keep a spare set just in case of any high failure items. Ive never tweaked an RPM arm or broken one but on the same note Ive never hit anything hard other than my 10YO sons truck who found it funny to wait in ambush and pull out in front of me on a high speed run.

The proline protrac kits have a habit of breaking at the hinge pin just from running them with no impacts. I had this happen several times. I like the extra inch you get in the stance. I run the TRCE long arms, they have the same specs on width and keep a set of proline protracs as a back up but havent had the need to use them yet.

RC Racer
    thanks for that sir. my shop was out of rpm's so i got a set of stockers so i could play...20 min later and i had to buy another set, one of those days i guess. anyone need left side front arms? lol.

ill look into the trce kit

RC Champion
    RPM is the way to go for sure!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    thanks for that sir. my shop was out of rpm's so i got a set of stockers so i could play...20 min later and i had to buy another set, one of those days i guess. anyone need left side front arms? lol.

ill look into the trce kit
    The TRCE Kit is a race kit not really for bashing. Just get on ebay and buy some RPM arms.
    I have the TRCE chassis and use RPM arms.
    Last edited by RandyT; 10-09-2012 at 05:34 PM.

RC Champion
    I'm going to be trying the flm arms on my upcoming p4de build. They have an excellent warranty so if it bends i will send it back. I tried the TRCE arms out and this is what happened to the front. I assume since its the same on both sides that its from torque.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410