RC poster

Converting a 5309 Revo to brushless and have a chassis question

Seems like everyone that converts their truck keeps the aluminum 3.3 chassis. Why not go with the plastic chassis? Could I just buy an erbe chassis and transmission and transfer the rest of the parts to the new brushless chassis? Is it just a personal preference or is there an advantage using one over the other?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you can go either way, with the e-revo chassis you get good balance being both batteries on both side. some keep the 5309 chassis cause they make a electric conversion for it and less to buy stuff....just bolt the electric motor mount and strap the battery. be aware your tranny need some attention...with the power of BL that tranny dont last long unless you go metal gear and lock it to second gear. check out my build here or have you seen it already
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 10-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC poster
    That's what I thought. I think the electric chassis is a much cleaner looking set up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it is much cleaner cause its design that way lol.

true...BL Revo is purpose built, the 3.3 was never built for a BL motor.....HaHaa..

Designing the 3.3, I am sure they were thinking, I bet this would work great for a BL..............truck..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    i actually love the revo 3.3 chassis over the e-revo...it's much stiffer and stronger...i have both...and i does take a lot more beating...it's already a heavy truck and it's not meant for racing...so...it's just intended for bashing so centralized weight really doesn't matter all that much...

if i was to ever build another revo...i'd go with the revo 3.3 chassis...

i was just watching on ebay and a vantage bare bone chassis went for $90...which really surprised me...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    same here IvVaum, i like mine better than the plastic chassis,(not that i dont like the e-revo platform, just my prefference) atleast i know mine can handle the power of BL

RC Qualifier
    is it worth getting the aluminum 3.3 chassis

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    is it worth getting the aluminum 3.3 chassis
    its really all up to you, if you prefer aluminum chassis be prepared to mod or if your only looking for clean and simple the e-revo is what you want. i only pick the aluminum revo 3.3 platform for its durability, less chassis flexing.