RC Qualifier

Stampede 4x4 Snow Plow Kit

Hey guys I'm feeling thins out on here first. I am currently in the process of creating a plow kit for my Stampede 4x4. Being that I am a machinist and own the machine shop I have a slight advantage over the common guy. The kit will be all aluminum with stainless steel hardware. I'm using two 2056 servos for lifting and angle. Since I don't have a finished product I cannot post pictures yet. My main question is what would make this something worth buying? How much would you pay for a kit like this? No electronics just the frame work ready for your servos. Please let me know because its something that I am interested in producing. Please though I'm not looking for "i'd pay $20." I'm looking for what you would consider as a fair price for a high quality product. Thank you!

RC Qualifier
    Rc4wd sell one for the trailfinder and scx10 which is pretty nice and scale looking, but also pricey. And thats without the mounts. http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Blade-S...ow_p_3308.html

Don't know how yours stacks up to theirs but price it at what you feel comfortable charging.
    If there is not that much to it and pretty easy for you fab, charging 40-50 bucks seem reasonable.
    If you produce quality parts (that are better grade) and have great customer service is there then charging like 60-80 bucks isn't out of the question.

Me personally I would have no use for them. My RC's never see water, plus I would have a hard time plowing feet of snow...check the stats http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-t...owiest-cities/
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Racer
    If I could put it on my EmaXX, I'd be interested. I'd liek to build one, but I'm not the machinest type of guy Probably would see spending more than $60-80 though as it is very limited in use and more of a conversation starter? I don't know that you could build them for that price though and come out paying yourself enough to make it worth while. It'd be fun for a while I'm sure.
    Sl4sh with CC MMP 3800, 2 mervs, a 3905 BL eMaxx,

RC Qualifier
    I'm not going for a scale look really. More just the functionality of a good working system. Compared to the RC4WD plow you linked mine is a very different set up. Since mine will angle side to side it has to be further from the front of the truck. So far i'm only making it for the 4x4 pede, but it could easily be adapted to other trucks with a simple change in a mounting plate

RC Racer
    K Money,

IMO you should really consider another platform. In the few years I've been into RC and watching the Stampede from the sidelines (finely got one of my own). I can tell you that about 45% of the time a stampede is in the air, and another 45% of the time it's on just it's back wheels. The remainder of the time it's upside down. And as for plowing snow.... I use mine like a snow blower....donuts in the driveway until there is no more snow to throw.

Just my 2 cents.

Goat

RC Qualifier
    Maybe you should consider making one for a Summit.. Put a thread over in the Summit Forum and get their opinion.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    The biggest and really only reason I am making it for the Pede is I have one. Trust me running 3s with a castle system in my pede i actually have to rotate tires cause the rears wear faster lol but the way i came up with is easy to make in different sizes and just plain easy to make. So if it is successful on the pede i'll try reaching into other trucks. But thanks for the tip in the summit thats a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie View Post
    If I could put it on my EmaXX, I'd be interested. I'd liek to build one, but I'm not the machinest type of guy Probably would see spending more than $60-80 though as it is very limited in use and more of a conversation starter? I don't know that you could build them for that price though and come out paying yourself enough to make it worth while. It'd be fun for a while I'm sure.
    They have one for the E-Maxx and T-Maxx. This is an older pic of my T-Maxx but I still use the same plow on my Maxxs.
    T-Maxx 3.3 x3, Slash 4x4, Bandit