RC poster

Info from Jato owners about Off-Road and such.

So I asked in T-maxx forums what was the best between both... got one reply thats it... Just want to ask you jato owners, can it go off-road with a different tire. And how is the control on that thing, does it just want to wheelie non stop and fly like a jet?

RC Qualifier
    You can set the Jato up for off-road. It will wheelie but its controllable. obviously the t-maxx is 4wd and has more ground clearance but the Jato is fun on dirt if set up right. Also alot faster.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC poster
    ya. its what get me worried, T-maxx seems heavy and not so much agile... and people saying it keeps breaking...but then idc that much cause I would just upgrade it to RPM parts as it breaks.

RC Competitor
    jatos are awesome in the dirt. but if you want to get a good 4x4 get the summit. its the king of rcs. i wont trade mine for anything

RC poster
    Prefer my Jato for off road bashing than my T Maxx anyday!

RC Enthusiast
    The Jato is mostly a street machine with the stock Anacondas, pretty much uncontrollable offroad. I threw a set of Proline DirtHawgs on the rear of mine and it works MUCH better offroad now. I spend more time in grass, dirt, and gravel pits now than I ever could with the stockers. I've already worn through both the stock tires and the dirthawgs and have a set of Proline Trenchers on the way. Hopefully I get more running out of them. Mine will wheelie on command, and it also likes to lift the front end at 50mph or so, but it is controllable

RC Qualifier
    Swap out the street tires, gear down a few teeth, maybe adjust shock oil and springs, and Jato is offroad ready.
    Nothing burns the hair off your hands like 40%....

RC Qualifier
    I have a merv n a 3.3 REVO. My friend has two JATO's one for dirt one for street. His dirt one is just as fast but does take getting use to driving in the dirt but is set up completely different. Diff oil shock location n oil no sways no wheelie bar new spur n clutch set up n a filter bag. Lg talons in back n ribs up front. Hit him up on here it's Dustyfingerz.
    Modded to the Max
    Drive it like its Hot