RC Racer

Gear Ratio For Bigger Tires

I am currently running GT2 with Maximizers beadlocks. I just bought some Associated MGT and MGT 8 tires. MGT tires weight 315g and the other weight 232g each. I'm running stock set up with GT2 tires and have no problems with heat (those weight 250g. The new tires are 1/2" taller than the GT2. Any help would be great. I'll post pics later

RC Racer

Pictures

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Is it better to gear down for bigger tires, if so what is a good ratio to start with. I'm not to worries about the new tires off the MGT 8 but the mgt (nitro quake) are a lot heaver. I'll test both tires out tomorrow, but I would love to hear any feedback and ratio suggestions.

Try 20/68 and see how you.

Your truck looks good mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    The newer MGT 8 tires are really good. They have great hookup in dirt and loose gravel. At really high speeds the truck tends to want to drive in either direction but over all really good tires. The older style tire (nitro quake) are fun to drive with and do perform well they are really heavy.

RC Racer
    If your truck was running good before, I would try dropping 2 teeth on the pinion and keep an eye on temps.