Thread: Onroad truggy?

Onroad truggy?

Ok so I'm not sure what to call my creation. I've seen alot of buggies made from this platform but this is a truggy body. Let me know what you guys think. I haven't tested it out yet but hopefully I can get to my goal of 100mph.

RC Racer
    Looks pretty cool! From what I have seen things get hairy after about 70 mph do to the air getting up under the body...making the whole thing essentially one big airplane wing. I'm curious to see how the test "flight" goes.

RC Champion
    That does look awesome. What happen to your gt8 rally.

RC Qualifier
    haha that looks like super fast

RC Qualifier
    Dude, that is sick! hardly looks like a rally. you could add a little bit of weights to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    That does look awesome. What happen to your gt8 rally.
    I still have it. I just had a little hiccup with the steering. It was driving great one day and I slid into the curb not too hard and the next time I drove it my car was pulling to the right hard! I think my c hub or bearing carrier is tweeked. I was debating on just buying a whole new set because I'm not sure which is messed up.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    I still have it. I just had a little hiccup with the steering. It was driving great one day and I slid into the curb not too hard and the next time I drove it my car was pulling to the right hard! I think my c hub or bearing carrier is tweeked. I was debating on just buying a whole new set because I'm not sure which is messed up.
    That sucks. I hate when that happens.
    I hope to have my new one built this week. Everything but a body. Finally got my xo1 esc to operate properly last night. Now I have to decide what body to run with it.

Does the wheels run with that body?

RC Champion
    Have you done any runs with this yet

Funny you ask. I finally got a chance to run her today.

She ran great....felt really stable. I could only fit a 25t pinion and ran her on 4s today.

https://youtu.be/lOcy7PLb6Yk

RC Champion
    That's awesome good to see she ran great for you and didn't parachute on you either. I need to find a road like that. Low traffic and good to run on lol and someone to film it.

Nice result. Are you running a 2650Kv? Plan on 6S next? Hit that 100mph barrier!
    2650Kv sl4sh•8S Rally•4300HD Rally•2 sl4sh 4kids

RC Qualifier
    Nice Run , video say's he is running 2650kv on 4s. I am actually running the same at the moment. It is my favorite combo for the slash lcg 4x4.

Thanks guys! Yeah it's a 2650kv motor. I'm temped to try 6s just not sure when. i want to get a new receiver because i lost signal or got some interference toward the end of the road. And you can't really tell from the video but i'm driving slightly up hill. If i could fit a bigger pinion im sure it would get close to 100 on 4s.

RC Champion
    Thanks guys! Yeah it's a 2650kv motor. I'm temped to try 6s just not sure when. i want to get a new receiver because i lost signal or got some interference toward the end of the road. And you can't really tell from the video but i'm driving slightly up hill. If i could fit a bigger pinion im sure it would get close to 100 on 4s.
    I'm assuming your still running 32pitch gears. If so try mod1 gearing. I'm running 20/36 still have room for a bigger pinion. My 23 should be here end of week.

I'm assuming your still running 32pitch gears. If so try mod1 gearing. I'm running 20/36 still have room for a bigger pinion. My 23 should be here end of week.
    Im running mod1 25/36. i had to shave the motor mount a little but not the chassis.

RC Champion
    Im running mod1 25/36. i had to shave the motor mount a little but not the chassis.
    I see. Now I know how big pinion I can go with out having to cut motor mount. Thanks. Guess I need to order another pinion 23 might or might not do it for me lol

Edit. How much did you have to shave for the 25 to fit. Wonder if a 24 would fit without cutting mm.
    Last edited by Er33; 05-26-2015 at 02:22 PM.

I see. Now I know how big pinion I can go with out having to cut motor mount. Thanks. Guess I need to order another pinion 23 might or might not do it for me lol

Edit. How much did you have to shave for the 25 to fit. Wonder if a 24 would fit without cutting mm.
    It wasn't alot, but i did grind alittle of the screw head too. i think a 24t you might have to grind a little but definitely no grinding for a 23t.

RC Champion
    Ok thanks. I'll see what the 23 will do then get a 25 then a 27 lol

There are guys on youtube that have a custom motor plate but it sits the motor real high. But you can use a 34t mod1 gear with no problem.

Well the on road truggy has been transformed....

RC Racer
    Nice paint job, you're getting pretty good at it and nice run

Looking good radrep
    2650Kv sl4sh•8S Rally•4300HD Rally•2 sl4sh 4kids

RC Champion
    WOW. I like how it looks sitting low and not up high. Sooooo when you going to get this on the road and test speed with it lol.

I want one now HAHAHA
    Last edited by Er33; 06-10-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Penduko View Post
    Nice paint job, you're getting pretty good at it and nice run
    Quote Originally Posted by natrix500 View Post
    Looking good radrep
    WOW. I like how it looks sitting low and not up high. Sooooo when you going to get this on the road and test speed with it lol.

I want one now HAHAHA
    Thanks guys! As soon as I saw this body I new I wanted it for speed runs. Too bad this one isn't going to ever see the road....lol. no worries though cuz I bought 2! I'm working on getting a new chassis for the truggy. What I did was build the whole front and rear ( diffs, a arms, xo1 axels etc.) and just swapped them from the truggy. I'll post some pics of my project to rebuild the truggy.

RC Competitor
    Ok so I'm not sure what to call my creation. I've seen alot of buggies made from this platform but this is a truggy body. Let me know what you guys think. I haven't tested it out yet but hopefully I can get to my goal of 100mph.
    Witch body is this if you don't mind me asking? I have a bulldog on my lcg slash truggy. But I think I like the shape of the body you have more.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod90 View Post
    Witch body is this if you don't mind me asking? I have a bulldog on my lcg slash truggy. But I think I like the shape of the body you have more.

It's the jconcepts punisher body for 1/8th truggies. It's pretty wide....I run the protrac arms and at full turn it rubs.

RC Champion
    PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    RadReptiles831, sweet truck and nice speed run.

Nor Cal brah!
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    RadReptiles831, sweet truck and nice speed run.

Nor Cal brah!
    Lol....fo sho!

RC Competitor
    It's the jconcepts punisher body for 1/8th truggies. It's pretty wide....I run the protrac arms and at full turn it rubs.
    Dam. It will be to wide for my set up. I'm running the protrac arms as well. And I have some very sight rubbing issues at full turn with the suspension compressed about half way. Good looking ride you have though.