RC Enthusiast

Sway Bars are a must!! in this post lets talk about Suspension and tires as well!

Those of you that have wondering about sway bars….
    YES they are a must!! if I can recommend any '' first upgrade '' I would highly suggest sway bars. that's before tires and shocks, this is because the sway bars give you that more traction and stability which actually make the stock tires not so bad at all. now I've only ran them on asphalt that was both iced over and dry but you can only imagine what it would do off road as well. so again for all of those who always ask what to upgrade first I would say do it in this order.. Sway Bars, Shocks or just the springs, then Tires. wear the stock ones or buy a set or proline strikers for more on road with that bite of off road tread! Then start by upgrading with RPM parts as you break them or with whatever replacement part fulfills your needs.

About those stock tires… I know most people think that they are terrible which by any means after market is usually always better. just know that for enjoying your vehicle or even racing, suspension tuning and tire choice are always complementary toward each other, where one may lack the other may make up for it.. as long as your suspension is tuned up as good as you can make it, tires do their job well and right out of the box the rally does need some fine tuning, they only make to RTR out of the box that is has good universal set up just to get someone started as you all know!
    So this is my take on Sway bars I hope you enjoy or it helped someone out.

RC Racer
    I actually like the tyres on both on and off road,on road you can power slide without grip rolling and off road you can drift/slide on various terrain.
    I have changed the shocks for big bores but not done sway bars yet
    sweet and sour traxxas power

RC Enthusiast
    yeah I agree with you that the tires are universal and a lot of fun but if you're looking to enhance traction without going to spend $60-$100 on new wheels and tires try the sway bars first. they are cheap and adjustable! so you can can fix understeer and oversteer which is what I found that the stock set up does the car looses traction due to oversteer, then you can really power slide with more control through turns! I can't wait to try it on off road but theres so much snow in my area!