Thread: Some Problems

RC Qualifier

Some Problems

what are the top five to ten problems with a slash 4x4 i might get one and want to see if its worth it... thanks
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

platinum or stock?
    "It's just RC, not rocket appliances"-Ricky

RC Qualifier
    stock brushless
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Qualifier
    My top ten upgrades would be A-Arms, Shocks, caster blocks, steering blocks, rear axle carriers, halfshafts, tires, bearings, esc and motor. Not necessarily in that order, but if you upgrade all of those things, you would certainly have a bulletproof truck. It is worth noting, that I think this truck is solid out of the box, and you don't HAVE to upgrade any of those things, but they are some of the more common weak points on the Slash 4x4.

If you are planning on getting some of these anyway, in particular the shocks, caster blocks, steering blocks and rear axle carriers, you just as well spring for the Platinum of Ultimate because they come pre-installed and it's cheaper that way.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Champion
    The biggest problem I see with these trucks in stock condition is the motor mount bearing and plastic slipper shaft bearing adaptor and the plastic center diff housing if you run one of those. Stock lives a short life, replace it and its short again. Upgrade the motor mount with a larger bearing and an aluminum slipper shaft bearing adaptor and that problem is solved. For center diff if you run one of those get an aluminum housing.

Second biggest problem IMO is the shock towers. If a curb happens to jump out in front of you (and it does happen) they will snap like a twig. RPM is one of the more popular and cost effective choices, made of nylon and have some flex and are far more likely to kick that curbs butt!

There are plenty of performance upgrades to enhance performance and handling and some for just bling but I dont consider those problems.

RC Qualifier
    Motor mount and bearing adapter should definitely be first. Tires need to go. Aluminum hexes. Tekno or mip axles. Rpm arms. Aluminum shock caps and thicker shock oil OR upgraded shocks.

The above will give you a very bash worthy truck.

I don't think the aluminum hubs/steering blocks are really needed. I went about 60mph into a curb, and the hubs/steering blocks did not break.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    Motor and esc, be careful with 3s lipos and gearing up. I have the ultimate and have had no issues with the shock tower. Cvd will have to go if you upgrade motor, driveshaft sloppy, tekno big bone works great.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    The biggest problem I see with these trucks in stock condition is the motor mount bearing and plastic slipper shaft bearing adaptor and the plastic center diff housing if you run one of those. Stock lives a short life, replace it and its short again. Upgrade the motor mount with a larger bearing and an aluminum slipper shaft bearing adaptor and that problem is solved. For center diff if you run one of those get an aluminum housing.

Second biggest problem IMO is the shock towers. If a curb happens to jump out in front of you (and it does happen) they will snap like a twig. RPM is one of the more popular and cost effective choices, made of nylon and have some flex and are far more likely to kick that curbs butt!

There are plenty of performance upgrades to enhance performance and handling and some for just bling but I dont consider those problems.
    +1 Replaced a couple of times until I figured out the adapter came in aluminum. New center diff housing is next.

Bearing adapter should become the aluminum, rpm a arms and big bores
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL