RC Competitor

can soeone please Help my Rustler will only full throttle in reverse !!

i just installed a mamba max pro esc on my rustler and put a 5700 kv motor on it i stlill have a traxxas 2.4 ghz receiver and i put the esc mamba in the channel 2 port on the receiver like the manual said do and i have my servo in channel 3 on the receiver of the car i did the setup like castle showed in there manual but all i get is full throttle in reverse....when i push the throttle forward it goes forward which is backwards because when you pull down on the trigger it should go forward can someone please help me and the lights on the esc are red when i pull the throttle downward....i just want to get it where i can go forward and reverse like the rustler normally did before

RC Qualifier
    just reverse the motor, all you have to do is switch 2 of the 3 motor wires. for example plug the red to the white and the white to the red.
    "I have a car just like that from wal-mart"

RC Qualifier
    Your servo should be on channel one and you need to program the esc read the manual again, 1st change your steering servo to channel 1 then go through the forward/reverse programming it's In the manual on how to do it, pretty sure you hold full throttle and turn on esc it will beep then you go to reverse and it will beep then go to neutral. Good luck hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    thank you for your advice and i did read the manual just to let you guys know and it did show the programming i just wanted to ask u guys who might have had this issue before idid change my wires 2 of them white to red and red to white and yes it goes forward now but i cant get the car to reverse?? so now im trying to figure out how to get it to go forward and reverse?? i also heard according to the manual a part in the book said switching the wires around can damage your esc and motor so i was hesitant but i tried it anyway

You need to reverse wires 1 and 3... Those are backwards.....

Than if ur remote goes forward in reverse, and reverse in forward. Switch the channel. My Flysky does that, and I have to run Reverse on the throttle channel with EVERY one of my RCs... That will fix it.

Middle wire on ESC, will always be middle wire on Motor .. From my experience so far...
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..