Thread: Can't get fuel

RC poster

Can't get fuel

I got spark but I can't get fuel, I replaced the lines and put a different pipe on. I also tried a different tank but the fuel won't go to the carb. If I disconnect the fuel line from the carb then I get fuel. I also rebuilt the carb.

RC Champion
    check the inlet on the carb. That little hole can get plugged up with trash and you'll be dead in the water.

If youre not getting fuel after all that, you have an obstrustion in the high side, either the jet into the bore, the high side needle seat or the fuel inlet.

RC poster
    May sound dumb, but if your cover the pipe hole while trying to crank, it will pull the fuel to the carb, also now as "priming". Sometime when first starting, mine wont pull on its own, I have to prime it.

RC poster
    I know how to prime ot so that's not the problem, the problem is that the fuel is not drawling even after I hold my finger over the pipe. I tryed changing the lines tank and pipe and nothing, if I try my other jato with that pipe its ok and starts but that car won't say running when I rev it up, it shuts off when I start to pull the trigger, if anyone knows how to fix that as well that would be apprecialted. I believe its a tuning issue. Help thanks

It's either a pushing problem or a blocking problem. The pipe needs to push the air to the tank to force the fuel to the carb. If there is an air leak it will not move. Secondly, the fuel needs to get into the engine so if it is being blocked it won't go. Remove the carb and clean it out thoroughly.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I've had this problem before on a couple different trucks, I took the inlet fitting off the carb and removed the HSN and cleaned it out. With mine, it was plugged up with gunk and doing this fixed my problem. If you're getting fuel coming with the line unhooked from the carb, I'd say it sounds like you have a blocked inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by RCNason View Post
    I've had this problem before on a couple different trucks, I took the inlet fitting off the carb and removed the HSN and cleaned it out. With mine, it was plugged up with gunk and doing this fixed my problem. If you're getting fuel coming with the line unhooked from the carb, I'd say it sounds like you have a blocked inlet.
    Be super careful if you ever have to remove the HSN housing, it's a metal nut that goes onto a composite set of threads,,, it is very easily cross threaded and stripped... So be careful doing this....

Me, I'd try first seeing if you blow on the pressure line while the throttle is open are you seeing fuel move into the carb? IF not then check your o-ring on the fuel tank make sure it is sealing up nicely, check fuel lines for splits, check your exhaust coupler and your header bolts before messing with the HSN housing...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Be super careful if you ever have to remove the HSN housing, it's a metal nut that goes onto a composite set of threads,,, it is very easily cross threaded and stripped... So be careful doing this....
    Also, you risk breaking off the whole threaded section where it screws into the carb if you try to tighten it too much. Learned this the hard way years ago with my first nitro engine, a TRX2.5. I always make sure not to overtighten it now. good tip!