RC poster

strc lcg conversion problem

Just bought the strc lcg conversion kit as well as the upper& lower rustler chassis pieces. After transferring my slash servo over to the rustler chassis, there is a clearance problem. Has anyone else run into this problem? Wondering if I should just use my dremel to fix the problem or buy the rustler servo instead. Thanks for any help.

RC Racer
    Should be the same servo. Can you be a little more specific on the problem? Pics maybe?

RC Qualifier
    That's why I keep my Slash Traxxas ,strc seems well but I gain skillz killin modified ish.
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx

RC Qualifier
    is your servo horn to big

RC Qualifier
    Yes, Dremel, no... Using stock servo (2075) and stock servo saver it wouldn't "throw" all the way to one side.

I had to hack the top piece up with a dremel. Unfortunately, I was at the track between heats so I didn't have time to do it pretty. I also hacked a chunk out of the side of the chassis so I could get to the screw to make adjustments to the servo saver with everything mounted.

But that fixed it.

RC Enthusiast
    i have a rustler too and i got the conversion kit i didn t have any problem. my servo is 2056 so it may be a little smaller. right were your servo horn is i found it rubbs sometimes and i just sanded it thinner there and havent had any problems

RC poster
    No way of posting a picture now but it is the steering horns hitting. They seem a lot fatter than the rustler horns. They are hitting a lip on the lower chassis. I can easily trim it out on each side with Dremel but wanted to get some opinions first. I can try to post pictures tonight.

RC Competitor
    I had to cut out a bit when I installed my kit. I just used a razor saw. This is the right side.

Last edited by road_rascal; 10-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.

RC Competitor
    Here's the left side.

RC poster
    Thanks Road Rascal. That's exactly what mine looks like. I'm gonna cut it out just like you did. This forum is awesome.

RC Competitor
    Glad we can help! I know I read (either on this forum or another) about cutting the tray a bit to get the steering working properly. I just copied what someone else did, so I can't take the credit for the mod.

I did the same with my Slash lcg but it wasn't that pretty... I used a set of snips until I had time to clean it up with a Dremel.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...