RC Enthusiast

Any tricks or tips for drifting

So today i went to home depo and got 4in pic pipe and cut it to fit over the tire to do some drifting. I'v been using the sliper but just put in the diff with 55W oil and stiff suspension. Aside from my current changes, does anyone have any tips for drifting with the pcs over stock tires. I can get her to drift alright but spin out often

Any help is welcome. O yeah. i also have the hard ( Black ) sway bars installed.

RC Qualifier
    IDK get some street tires and run them bald? Or get a car made to drift
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    Buy drift tires/wheels from a 1/8th drift car. I've seen a video on YouTube for a slash drifting.

Or install a better bl system and run it on 4s, with stock tires I can drift hella good.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    If you really want to drift well get a 2wd slash. If you are going to keep at it with the 4wd dont use the center diff. As soon as you get the back end to break loose its going to transfer the power to the front and pull you out of it. The center diff is made to keep traction. Ive got a 2wd slash and on some tracks (very loose with too much sand on the surface) I can run it better than the 4wd purely because of drifting it through the turns.

Two words," Counter steer!!!" I drive real cars like this. So it comes easy to me. Just takes practice.
    Member of the 10,000 posts club

RC Enthusiast
    Finally figured out how to drift. but yeah, only took 2 full runs on my 7600mAh before perfection.

Be smooth with the steering/counter steering smooth with the "Gas" and i had to balance out my tires.