Thread: engine

RC poster

engine

hey
    wat is a good motor for my jato i want a bigger one that can just go straight in

cheers

RC Champion
    There's nothing that is much bigger than the 3.3 that will drop right in. Only 1 I can think of is the OS .21 (tz or tm). It's a small block .21 compared to the 3.3 which is a .20.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Competitor
    Got worried the other day, thought I jacked mine up. I was driving my Jato around my uncle's house, they have high (2 or 3 inch) curbs. So I'd hit those and get some good air....well one of the jump I let go of the gas as it hit the curb and when the back wheels hit it the whole car flipped over. It landed on its top and skid a good couple feet. Escaped with only a few scratches on the head protector.

RC poster
    hey

will this fit with the ezy start and will i need to get diffrent gears and will the Recommended exhaust just go straight in

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Buggy-Engine

thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brody kelly View Post
    hey

will this fit with the ezy start and will i need to get diffrent gears and will the Recommended exhaust just go straight in

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Buggy-Engine

thanks
    No that won't fit in the jato without modding the mount and the ez start won't work either. That's a true big block. The os 21tm is a direct fit.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    Who makes the aftermarket conrod for the 3.3? Davis diesel? Whats a link? Thanks
    found the link. Has anyone used one of these? Does it make a difference? Are there any other companies making this upgraded part? If so who and do you have to order this directly from Davis or does someone carry for them?
    Last edited by mattster1971; 10-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    The RB conrod looks cleaner than the Davis diesel but is it better? Anyone have experience with either before I spend the money?

RC Qualifier
    Both rods are exellent the RB you see a little more rpm and power out of it. It's not alot nothing you can notice. I have data recorders and I see the little differences in the 2 rods
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    The RB conrod looks cleaner than the Davis diesel but is it better? Anyone have experience with either before I spend the money?

RC Qualifier
    Yes a is .21 tm