RC Racer

Suggestion for the board admin(s)

How about some motor specific boards.. or just one for electric and one for gas.

I am wanting to find out what brushless counterpart would work for motors like the titan 550, the 775, and so on..

I have no idea how many were used, but i am sure i am not the only one who wonders this. It could also include brands other than traxxas as well.
    1/10 Titan 775 bandit COMPLETED!!

One for Traxxas nitro engines...
    Egines and motor questions are also answered in the respective vehicle forums. Other brand suggestions are made there too. As for Support for other brands...ain't gonna happen.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    ok, but I have multiple vehicles and I would like to know what motors will fit each vehicle. right now, I can use the titan 550 on 3 different vehicles, my 1/16 slash, my e-maxx 3906, and my bandit (once I decide to get a new transmission).

So i am wanting to know what brushless motors will fit all three platforms and what I will have to get for each setup.

Such questions are vehicle specific and IMO, no single BL system should be installed in those three platforms even if your intended use for them was consistent. Add the variable of different uses, and I start losing sight of the benefit.

RC Racer
    run that by me again in ENGLISH?? i am a petty smart guy but you just confused the heck outta me!!

RC Qualifier
    He meant that those systems won't work in it, I think...
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Racer
    but the titan 550 motor will fit in all 3 platforms and run quite well.. in stock form it tore up the original transmission in my 1/16 slash and my 1/10 bandit. I havent run it in the 3906 e-maxx for lack of a second motor.

RC Competitor
    He is saying that a different brushless setup is needed for each car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_72455 View Post
    run that by me again in ENGLISH?? i am a petty smart guy but you just confused the heck outta me!!
    It shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Such questions are vehicle specific and IMO, no single BL system should be installed in those three platforms even if your intended use for them was consistent. Add the variable of different uses, and I start losing sight of the benefit.
    Traxxas puts three different brushless systems in those trucks for a reason. The reason is that there is no one-size-fits-all system. A Smart car, a Z coupe, and an F-150 pickup could all move with the same engine, especially if only used for commuting purposes, but if you're going to commute with one, rallycross with another, and haul & tow with the third, different engines are certainly called for. So, would you go looking for information on engines to see what to use, or go to information on the vehicle?

Since you seem to realize that the E-Maxx requires more than one 550, and have ignored the fact that the 550 in the E-Maxxes is very different from the 550 in the Bandit or mini-vehicles (not to mention the different ESCs), your assertion that the same motor works in all three vehicles is not valid.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-17-2012 at 07:51 AM.