RC Racer

Ken Block Rally. VXL question!

So i have a modded up vxl gymkahna edition rally and i was wonder if swapping in the 1/10th vxl system would out perform the smaller version. I have a rc18r that needs a setup and i was thinking i could just swap the rally setup into it and use my spare vxl3s in the rally. any suggestions?

The V380 is one wicked motor that is going to be hard to beat. The ESC is the weak point in the 3M system.
    Also; with that swap, you would be loosing 500kv... you would be going slower if voltage is remaining constant.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The V380 is one wicked motor that is going to be hard to beat. The ESC is the weak point in the 3M system.
    Also; with that swap, you would be loosing 500kv... you would be going slower if voltage is remaining constant.
    That depends on how you gear it, you loose a few hundred kV, but you gain a boatload of torque that will allow you to play more with gearing and tire diameter then. The only downside is that the 1/10 system raises the CG a bunch, enough that I'm considering a Castle Sidewinder system for it instead, either the Sidewinder/4600 kV combo that is currently in my M-03 and putting a Duratrax Element combo or Sidewinder SCT combo in that (the 4600kV motor is a bit much for it), then stick that VXL in my stretched wheelbase Wheely King Monster truck.
    Aw, Biscuits!