RC Competitor

Small circular scores in the metal on top of block and sleeve?

I've just taken my engine apart again for another rebuild and have noticed that on top of the block [where the head screws would screw into there are two faint circular scores marks in the metal. The piston sleeve also has half a circular score mark on top. Any idea what might cause this?

Maybe a rock fell in when you took the glow plug out? I'm not sure what you mean by "scores" though... Pctures would help alot!
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

RC Competitor
    Here you are, its quite hard to see as they are so small. Might need to hold control and press + and few times.

RC Champion
    It looks like when you were putting the head on at a previous time the screw didn't line up with the hole and made those marks. They don't look inhibiting from the pics though.
    Matthew 7:7

Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    It looks like when you were putting the head on at a previous time the screw didn't line up with the hole and made those marks. They don't look inhibiting from the pics though.
    I agree, there are multiple marks around the block that look exactly like screw marks from an off centered head while trying to reassemble.

There are none in any place that matters so you should be fine.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    I agree, there are multiple marks around the block that look exactly like screw marks from an off centered head while trying to reassemble.

There are none in any place that matters so you should be fine.
    +2 your good to go, just line up the cooling head bolts by putting in 2 of them into the cooling head then lower the head onto the case, the bolts should stick out enough to that you can put them right into their homes...... Tighten in a star pattern once they are all in and don't tighten the screws all the way until they are all a little snug... Keeping the pressure even.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall