Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Here is the screw set I recieved, Missing some items from the ebay pic:

I will contact the seller.

Strc motor plate:

Tbone ft bumper/clear skid combo:

By the way? What is the composite tube for? What purpose does it serve?

Center diff:

Comes with 100k wt. Any idea what wt is needed to achieve wheelies???
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I am done with trying to buy stock Traxxas Parts at my HTUSA. Went in and asked "show me all your plastic stock pede 4x4 parts." after 20 min he came back with a rear skid. He did not have anything else. I really wanted a stock center bearing carrier. Nope. C-blocks, ft axle sets, ft or rear bearing carriers, shock towers, body mounts, nada. They sell a ton of these trucks and stock nothing. All I got was "we can order it for you, and it will prob be here next Friday." I said I can order it and it will be here Monday-Tuesday, for cheaper. He said " Maybe you shouldn't get parts here". Seriously?!?. I have had this issue with this local shop for years. I am done. UGH!

My fav LHS does it's best to keep me as a customer. They know that they can't compete with the prices I pay when I order from the US, so they make it interesting for stuff where they can compete.

No idea about the wt in the diff. I prefer driving without. I assume you want the way in the middle: better handling and still wheelies.
    Nobody is born with experience

The literature in the package says 100k wt. I am guessing I will need at least 300k to get what I want. That is what I will try first. A diff with an incorporated slipper would be perfect. It would let me run ridiculous wt oil, and still dial down a slipper setting. I know the 1 way will give me 75% of the characteristics of what I want, The missing 25% would be loss of braking.
    I still have both the slipper and 1 way as options. I cannot find anyone on the net who has tried the HR 1 way. They are for sale all over the place, and the price is not dropping from the first time I seen it a year go. Someone must be buying them! If they are durable, I will spend the $40, but have not found 1 person with experience with it.

Maybe a tiny margin is the problem for the prices not dropping. If there are people happy with it, I'd expect to find them in this place.
    I think a slipper/diff combo would be a pain to setup the right way. And maybe even more to keep it the right way.
    One if the things I like about the Rustler compared to the 4x4 Pede, is the easy way you can reach the slipper.
    The Pede asks more effort to get the slipper right, which increases when you increase the power.

Good luck finding the sweet spot!
    Nobody is born with experience

Good points Peter...

RC Qualifier
    ht usa is a poor excuse for a hobby store they use to beat me over the head for things about 15 year ago , but hey we all wise up the problem with all the ht is their is another person taking a cut of the money making the prices go higher but you have a nice build going rag6 please let us know how the center diff works out

looking at bodies... man wish there were more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    looking at bodies... man wish there were more choices.
    You can make almost any 1/10th scale off road body work with different mounts. I have put a Desert Rat and Illuzion both made for a Rustler on my Pede 4x4. I just put my Illuzion back on with a Losi wing and mount after the stock Illuzion wing got destroyed. Gives it a Truggy look.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Truggys are cool. I do like some of the cab forward bodies that will fit. tThe Rusty ST bodies are not me. The first version of this truck will be a big tire traditional monster. I was thinking maybe to switch to a truggy for racing after winter, but now that the 1/10 rally is coming, it may become a sc truck(UGH! cant get away from sct!). I want a monster body. A personal pede monster body.

so far 50's Chevy or Ford Raptor, I like both.

Hi rag6 i have had 3 1950s chevy bodys they are sweet with a good paint job and nice wheels.just dont use the stock dimples or the shocks will rub at the front so move the body a few mm forward and it looks better and no rubbing worries...peace..plus old school body rocks
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!