RC Champion

2650kv vs 2800kv on 7.4v

Primarily going to set it up for 2s.

I have alot of experiance with the Castle 2650 motor and it has worked very well.

Is there anyone thats used the 2800 (from SCTE) in thier Slash 4x4 for comparison?, as these motors are cheap in comparison

And for the record 2200 is too slow on 2s and does not perform as well, tried it. 4s its killer

Thanks Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Should work, specs seem to be close

RC Champion
    I just put up a thread recently on this same thing. I've run both, and I find the 2650 to be overall better. A little more power, smoother delivery, lower temps, and less cogging. I'm currently running a 2650/MMP in my slash 4x4, and it's been my favorite combo so far.

The scte 2800 is still a great motor though, especially for the price. I've compared the castle 2400 and 2800 before, and I'd get the 2800. Performance is almost the same, and it's cheaper. I believe the 2400 rebuild kits will work with the 2800 too, but I'm not completely sure. I know the rotor will.

RC Champion
    What kind of speed would you see with that on 2S?
    / 16

RC Champion
    Around 35-40 for me, but you'd need a really strong 2S battery for it. Both motors really crave 3S. If you want to run 2S, the castle 3800 would be a better motor choice.

RC Enthusiast
    I thought with a lower kv motor if you use with a 2s that it would make the battery swell but im not sure im new to electric but I would love a motor that would work well with 2s and 3s and not have to worry about temps and this sounds like its perfect please inform me if im wrong

RC poster
    i know the mmp has smaller bullet connectors so you just replaced the stock ones on the 2650 with the correct size and that is not an issue with power draw? thanks. looking all over these forums for a combo i want to drop in

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rlew11 View Post
    i know the mmp has smaller bullet connectors so you just replaced the stock ones on the 2650 with the correct size and that is not an issue with power draw? thanks. looking all over these forums for a combo i want to drop in
    Yep, no issue. The 6mm bullets have a little more contact area, but they're more for the 10ga wire on that motor. The 4mm's have plenty of thickness and contact area, and transfer the power fine to the 2650, which is at the smaller end of the 15xx series motors.

If I was running a 2200kv, I'd use the 6mm bullets. But, I'd also have a mamba monster.