RC Competitor

Losing all power when I turn??

So my 5 day old summit is lossing all power when I try to turn.. The steering always made alot of noise but now even on full charged batteries it just fully loses power when tires under load? Doesn't even have to be to much of a load.. But to get to the point my summit can't drive anymore and I'd love to fix it oh and my driver side servo was super hot but passenger wasnt?

RC Champion
    Sounds like one servo is dead, and the other is trying to turn the wheels AND turn the dead servo, so the hot one is still working but getting hot from over working. It will take so much power to stall so that it ends up killing your BEC inside your ESC. Try unplugging both servos, and then plugging one in and see if it turns. If it does, unplug that one and plug the other one in and see if it still turns. I suspect it won't with one because I believe one is dead.

Good luck!

RC Competitor
    Thats what I was thinking I had to do! I just didn't have the time last night! But I'm happy to hear I may be on the right track! Thanks for the help though! If anyone had any other ideas I'd love to hear them!

RC Competitor
    So I guess I forgot to mention I took the driver side off, and I turned on the truck, and when on the driver side servo was just spinning even when I wasn't turning.. But when turned on the controller on it turned like it was working.. And I'm pretty sure they both turned.. I'll have to check again Cuzz it was pretty late when I did it so I can't fully remember.. I'll have to do it again but try by unplugging the servos.. And the part the servos get plugged into was turning red (the green led) but back to green when it was working.. Also don't know if this changes anything but the day befor my driver side headlight went to about 20% brightness and when my truck stops getting power from this (what I think is) my steering isusse only my riverside led in the bumper stays on?

The "lot of noise" was your servos fighting to the death.
    The hot drivers side servo is the one that lost, but the passenger was probably weakened.

I suggest upgrading to a single, stronger servo.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Hmm what type would you suggest? And would one be better then the two? I do alot of slow rock crawling?

One servo is better than two.
    Then it will not have to fight to the death with another steering servo.

I am using a BMS 35A
    There are other alternatives, I am sure someone will chime in.

RC Champion
    well super quality and custermer service go hi-tech hs-7980th it delivers i think 611 oz/in at 7.4v with titanium gears and coreless motor. look at the hitech website for full specs
    oh and the hs7950th little bit less torque but a little more speed same features
    but with super quality your looking at 150 bucks
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Competitor
    Awesome! Thanks guys, I've been read about those servos and they all say use with lipo, I'm running 2 7.4v 5000Mah's think it will all still work? And rest of truck stock, will my summit be able to run the bigger servo with no problems?

RC Champion
    ya you should be able to run it with no problems maybe the evx-2 bec might not be to par but a cc bec is 25 bucks
    lipo isnt a must its just i think that they can take a 2s lipo direct from the battery or the voltage

Keep in mind that the servo saver can only handle so much torque...
    I believe anything over 300in/oz and you have maxed out the saver.

RC Champion
    lol that reminds me a two year old servo saver and a half dead 2075 servo lol servo saver loses

im on one servo and the servo saver twists on a single 2075 servo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Keep in mind that the servo saver can only handle so much torque...
    I believe anything over 300in/oz and you have maxed out the saver.
    Yeah like Jimmie said once you hit a certain threshold your servo will just twist the servo saver so that may need to be upgraded as well.

Some shim the spring with a washer but if you go with an extremely high torque servo you may flex or break the arm on the bell crank. So you may need to upgrade to an aftermarket aluminum servo saver.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect