Thread: Ring pinion

RC poster

Ring pinion

Hi everyone im new to the forums im having trouble with ring pinion on rear of the summit ive just recently put the alum diff cup and hardened gears in hoping to correct the problem and it still failed im on number 10 of ring pinion change ive shimmed the pinion also: im runnin mm 2200 system 6s I also noticed that t here is play up and down with the diff housing while installed in the bulk not sure if that would have an affect on ring pinion any suggestions would be helpful

RC Qualifier
    So your running an MMM on 6S........? How long does it take you to go through a diff? I get probably 8 to 10 runs out of a diff in my ERBE and less if I bash real hard!

Have you tried running 4S? If so, do you have the same issue?
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC poster
    I dont even get a full run on it ive also ran 4s and I get little more time before the clicking begins

Is this happening when the diff is locked or unlocked? How is the slipper set? What are the surface conditions you are running on and what are you doing with the Summit?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Diffs unlocked slipper tight and runnin on grass and pave when I loosen the slipper even a touch it winds and dont hook up im also using the robinson steel slipper unit maybe I should go back to factory slipper

RC Qualifier
    Might consider 4s or maybe an erevo?

RC Qualifier
    Bearings are also a big limiting factor. if you are running stock bearings they tend to not hold up to brushless power. I went with acer racing ceramic bearings in both my erbe and summit. no problems with diffs. I run 5s only though 6s is too much. I also run aluminum diff carriers in both trucks
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC poster
    I think im gonna get a erevo already runnin acer bearings and 4s just doesnt do it for me so I will use the summit for what it was made for and get an erevo thanks for the suggestions